This is the 194th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN. The show is also available via Mixcloud and the Progzilla Radio Network (the show is now appearing on Progzilla in alternate weeks). Your regular host is currently snowed under with work, so Daniel & Rebsie of Alchymical Muse are kindly sitting in again to present one of their takes on Eppy Gibbon music. The feature album is ‘The Last Flight of Billy Balloon’, the 2008 album by Marvin B. Naylor, and there will be three tracks from that. Otherwise you can expect the usual diverse selection of styles and genres. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours & 17 minutes. Downloaded file is 125.8 MB.
1. Fairy Rings (2:46) – Elizabeth Fawn (Taken from the album ‘Mythical Records: Odyssey of Rapture. Vol 2’; see mythicalrecords.bandcamp.com)
2. Henriette Krötenschwanz (2:03) – Amon Düül II (Taken from the album ‘Phallus Dei’; see www.amonduul.de)
3. Milk and Honey (4:31) – Sandy Denny (Taken from the album ‘I’ve Always Kept A Unicorn’; see www.sandydennyofficial.com)
5. Graveyard (5:45) – Forest (Taken from the album ‘Full Circle’; see www.discogs.com/Forest-The-Full-Circle/release/1355096)
6. Against the Rich (3:15) – Warhaus (Taken from the album ‘We Fucked A Flame Into Being’; see warhausmusic.com)
7. D-Train (6:18) – Legendary Pink Dots (Taken from the album ‘Pages of Aquarius’; see legendarypinkdots.org)
9. Reality’s A Fantasy (8:22) – Circulus (Taken from the album ‘Clocks Are Like People’; see www.circulus.org)
10. Six Feet Under Yeah (4:05) – Arch Garrison (Taken from the album ‘I Will Be A Pilgrim’; see www.archgarrison.co.uk)
11. Eleven Willows (2:26) – C.O.B. (Taken from the album ‘Moyshe McStiff and the Tartan Lancers of the Sacred Heart’; see www.allmusic.com/artist/cob-mn0000641650)
12. My Wolves (3:51) – Dagmar (Taken from the album ‘Afterlight’; see dagmarsound.bandcamp.com)
13. Traveling Light (4:24) – Leonard Cohen (Taken from the album ‘You Want it Darker’; see www.leonardcohen.com)
14. Gan To The Kye (5:39) – The Unthanks (Taken from the album ‘Last’; see www.the-unthanks.com)
As part of the semi-regular feature, ‘The 80s Weren’t All Rubbish You Know!’ …
16. Sanctum Sanctorum (6:28) – The Damned (Taken from the album ‘Phantasmagoria’; see www.officialdamned.com)
17. My Name is Carnival (3:48) – Jackson C. Frank (Taken from the album ‘Jackson C. Frank’; see en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackson_C._Frank)
18. Hear the Voice of the Bard (3:02) – Can Am Des Puig (Taken from the album ‘The Book of AM’; see psychedelicfolk.homestead.com/BOOKOFAM)
19. The Unknown (4:33) – The Crazy World of Arthur Brown (Taken from the album ‘Zim Zam Zim’; see www.arthur-brown.com)
20. It’s a Fine Air for Fliss (7:15) – Daevid Allen (Taken from the album ‘N’existe Pas!’; see www.daevidallen.net)
21. Little Arabella (4:14) – The Nice (Taken from the album ‘Ars Longa Vita Brevis’; see www.discogs.com/artist/259812-The-Nice)
24. Clouds (5:23) – Bat For Lashes (Taken from the album ‘The Bride’; see www.batforlashes.com)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed and to all listeners, and a special thanks to Daniel & Rebsie for sitting in. Send us comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. Eppy should be be back next time, so we hope you’ll be back to listen to the next edition of the show.