This is the 189th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN. The show is also available via Mixcloud and via the Progzilla Radio Network (the show is now appearing on Progzilla in alternate weeks). For this edition of the show I’m chatting with Mr Stephen Lambe, one of the organisers of the Summer’s End Progressive Rock Festival, which this year is taking place on the 30th of September, and 1st & 2nd of October, in Chepstow. We’ll be chatting about this year’s festival and previewing the line-up, including tracks from most of the bands performing over the three days, plus I’ll be playing Stephen some tracks in an attempt to convince him who he might get for future years of the festival. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours & 29 minutes. Downloaded file is 135.74 MB.
1. A Summer Of Subservience (3:49) – The Display Team (Taken from the album ‘Shifts’; see thedisplayteam.bandcamp.com/ & www.facebook.com/TheDisplayTeam/)
2. The Things You Love (6:12) – Bent Knee (Taken from the album ‘Say So’; see www.bentkneemusic.com/, bentknee.bandcamp.com/, & www.facebook.com/bentkneemusic)
3. Nautilus (5:16) – Mothertongue (Taken from the album ‘Unsongs’; see www.mothertongue.me.uk/, www.facebook.com/mothertongued, & mothertonguemusic.bandcamp.com/album/unsongs)
4. Out of the Dark (7:47) – Section IV (Taken from the album ‘Superhuman’; see www.section-iv.com/, section-iv.bandcamp.com/releases & www.facebook.com/sectioniv)
Interview with Stephen Lambe…
5. According To Plan (6:32) – Magic Pie (Taken from the album ‘King For A Day’; see www.magicpie.net/, magicpie.bandcamp.com & www.facebook.com/magicpieband)
6. A Kid’s Tale (6:08) – Tiger Moth Tales (Taken from the album ‘Story Tellers – Part One’; see tigermothtales.bandcamp.com/album/story-tellers-part-one & www.facebook.com/TigerMothTales/?fref=ts)
7. Altered State (5:47) – Sylvium (Taken from the album ‘Waiting For The Noise’; see www.sylvium.com/ & www.facebook.com/sylvium/)
8. Inferior (7:03) – Seven Steps To The Green Door (Taken from the album ‘Fetish’; see www.bside-music.de/ssttgd/ & www.facebook.com/ssttgd/)
9. Half A World (4:51) – The Heather Findlay Band (Taken from the album ‘Songs From The Old Kitchen’; see www.heatherfindlay.co.uk/wordpress/ & www.facebook.com/HeatherFindlay.Music/)
10. The Sense In Sanity (4:48) – IQ (Taken from the album ‘Subterranea’; see www.iq-hq.co.uk/ & www.facebook.com/IQHQLive/)
11. State of Mine (1:59) – IQ (Taken from the album ‘Subterranea’; see www.iq-hq.co.uk/ & www.facebook.com/IQHQLive/)
12. Beloved (5:41) – Firefly Burning (Taken from the album ‘Skeleton Hill’; see www.fireflyburning.co.uk/, fireflyburning.bandcamp.com/ & en-gb.facebook.com/fireflyburning)
13. Keep The Exits Clear (6:32) – Strangefish (Taken from the album ‘Fortune Telling’; see www.strangefish.co.uk/ & www.facebook.com/strangerfish/?fref=ts)
14. Hay (4:30) – Karnataka (Taken from the album ‘The Storm’; see karnataka.org.uk/ & www.facebook.com/KarnatakaOfficial/?fref=ts)
15. Roses (6:37) – RPWL feat. Ray Wilson (Taken from the album ‘World Through My Eyes’; see www.rpwl.net/ & www.facebook.com/rpwl.net/?fref=ts&ref=br_tf)
For more details about the Summer’s End Festival, see www.summersend.co.uk/
16. You Bring The Summer (3:00) – The Monkees (Taken from the album ‘Good Times!’; see www.monkees.com/, www.facebook.com/TheMonkees & www.monkees.net/)
17. Seven Words (4:37) – Weyes Blood (Taken from the album ‘Front Row Seat To Earth’; see weyesblood.bandcamp.com & www.facebook.com/weyesblood/)
Thanks to Stephen for coming in to do the interview, to all the musicians who contributed and to all listeners too. Send me comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. I’ll be back soon with a new show, which will include an interview with Tim Burness & a feature album from Rebsie Fairholm, so I hope you’ll join me again then.