July 25, 2016 at 10:52 pm (Uncategorized) (Avant prog, Cardiacs Family, David Bowie, Electronica, Eppy Gibbon podcast show, EppyFest, folk, Jazz, Jazz fusion, Prog metal, Prog rock, Progressive pop, Pronk rock, Psychedelia, Soundtrack music)
This is the 185th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN. The show is also available via Mixcloud HERE and the Progzilla Radio Network (the show is now appearing on Progzilla in alternate weeks). Many thanks to Daniel & Rebsie of Alchymical Muse for kindly sitting in for me and producing such a fabulous show last time, but now that EppyFest is over for another year, it’s me back in the saddle again. And I return with a half-term report; a show filled with some of the best music released in the first six to seven months of 2016. There’s no feature album this time, but you can expect the usual diverse selection of styles and genres, it’s just that all the music is taken from the first half of 2016. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours & 38 minutes. Downloaded file is 144.3 MB.
3. Waiting for the Lights to Go Out (1:38) – The Trudy (Taken from the album ‘Always Never Beautiful Forever’; see www.thetrudy.co.uk/, thetrudy.bandcamp.com/ & www.facebook.com/The-Trudy-169765433591/)
6. Lazarus (6:22) – David Bowie (Taken from the album ‘Blackstar’; see www.davidbowie.com)
8. Beneath a Perfect Sky (3:47) – Tony Patterson (Taken from the album ‘Equations of Meaning’; see shop.cherryred.co.uk/shopexd.asp?id=5292 & www.facebook.com/Tony-Patterson-281383288556282/?fref=ts)
12. The City of my Dreams (7:04) – Mike Kershaw (Taken from the album ‘What Lies Beneath’; see www.kershmusic.com/, www.facebook.com/Mike-Kershaw-144511622309101/?fref=ts, mikekershaw.bandcamp.com & music.badelephant.co.uk/)
20. Here at the Western World (3:51) – Sanguine Hum (Taken from the album ‘What We Ask Is Where We Begin’; see shop.cherryred.co.uk/shopexd.asp?id=5268, troopersforsound.com/catalogue/ & www.facebook.com/SanguineHum)
22. Here Lies A Mermaid (6:35) – Lyrian (Taken from the album ‘The Jester’s Quest in the City of Glass’; see www.medievalrecords.co.uk/lyrian.html, lyrian.bandcamp.com & www.facebook.com/Lyrian-28942418424/)
28. I Can’t Give Everything Away (5:47) – David Bowie (Taken from the album ‘Blackstar’; see www.davidbowie.com)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed and to all listeners. Send us comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. I should be back for the next show, hopefully with yet another of my reviews of some of the best music that came out last year (yes, I am still doing my review of 2015), so I hope you’ll join me for the next edition of the show.