This is the 183rd edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN. The show is also available via Mixcloud here and the Progzilla Radio Network (the show is now appearing on Progzilla in alternate weeks). On this show I’ll be featuring nothing but music from bands, acts & artists we’ve never played on the show before. This includes some new bands/acts, some classic bands/acts, & some that have been around for a while but I just haven’t got into them or played them before now. As part of this our feature album is ‘Singles’, the original soundtrack album for the film of the same name, and therefore you’ll hear three tracks from that. Otherwise you can expect the usual diverse selection of styles and genres, with some tracks dedicated to or inspired by friends and listeners, & the rest coming entirely from me. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours & 34 minutes. Downloaded file is 141.25 MB.
2. Deep Six Textbook (5:39) – Let’s Eat Grandma (Taken from the album ‘I Gemini’; see letseatgrandma.co.uk/, www.transgressiverecords.com/news/detail/lets-eat-grandma-announce-album-i-gemini & www.facebook.com/thelegofgrandma/)
3. Island (5:34) – Gadi Caplan (Taken from the album ‘Morning Sun’; see www.gadicaplan.com/ & www.facebook.com/pages/Gadi-Caplan/176562585740440)
4. Seasons (5:48) – Chris Cornell (Taken from the album ‘Singles: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack’; chriscornell.com/)
5. Axe Victim (5:15) – Be Bop Deluxe (Taken from the album ‘Axe Victim’; see www.billnelson.com/home.php)
7. Passion (4:24) – Yoshida Brothers (Taken from the album ‘Best Of Yoshida Brothers – Tsugaru Shamisen’; see www.domomusicgroup.com/yoshidabrothers/index.php)
11. Chloe Dancer/Crown Of Thorns (8:19) – Mother Love Bone (Taken from the album ‘Singles: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack’; see en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_Love_Bone)
As part of the semi-regular feature, ‘Cats’ Corner’ …
16. Rifferama (2:56) – Hatfield And The North (Taken from the album ‘Hatfield And The North’; see www.hatfieldandthenorth.co.uk/)
As part of the semi-regular feature, ‘The 80s Weren’t All Rubbish You Know!’ …
17. Now Those Days Are Gone (3:31) – Bucks Fizz (Taken from the album ‘Bucks Fizz Classic Collection 1981-1985’; see www.bucksfizz.co.uk/)
18. Better Than Ever (4:50) – Jimi Tenor (Taken from the album ‘Out of Nowhere’; see www.jimitenor.com/)
20. Compte rendu d’analyse (8:48) – Albert Marcoeur (Taken from the album ‘Ma vie avec elles’; see www.labelfreres.com/home.php?id=0&it=2&fr=0, www.cdbaby.com/Artist/AlbertMarcoeur & www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=3028)
21. Les Hommes Sont Venus (4:19) – Magma (Taken from the album ‘Félicité Thösz’; see www.seventhrecords.com/)
23. EppyFest 5 promo (2:44); see eppyfest.co.uk/ for more details about the festival and buying tickets
25. Kilten Castle (5:22) – Jack Lancaster (Taken from the album ‘Skinningrove Bay’; see www.cdbaby.com/Artist/JackLancaster)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed and to all listeners. Send us comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. I’ll be busy building up to EppyFest over the next few weeks, so next time Daniel & Rebsie will be back yet again with their own wonderful take on the Eppy Gibbon show, and I’ll be back for the show after that with my half-term report of the musical year of 2016. I hope you’ll come back for those shows.