This is the 182nd edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN. The show is also available via Mixcloud here and the Progzilla Radio Network (the show is now appearing on Progzilla in alternate weeks). I’m back from my short break (thanks to Daniel & Rebsie of Alchymical Muse for kindly sitting in for me again for the previous show). This time the show is built around an interview with bass player, composer & nice bloke Dave Sturt, perhaps best known for being a member of both Jade Warrior & Gong (& we’ll be talking about & hearing a track from both bands), but we’ll also be talking about & focusing on Dave’s debut album, released last year, ‘Dreams & Absurdities’. So ‘Dreams & Absurdities’ will be this show’s feature album and therefore you’ll hear three tracks from that. Otherwise you can expect the usual diverse selection of styles and genres, including some of Dave Sturt’s choices, a tribute to the late, great Isao Tomita, tracks from some new & forthcoming releases, & a reminder about the forthcoming EppyFest 5. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours & 24 minutes. Downloaded file is 131.94 MB.
1. Preludes: Book 1: No. 8: The Girl with the Flaxen Hair (3:31) – Isao Tomita (Taken from the album ‘Snowflakes Are Dancing’; see isaotomita.net/)
2. A Brew Of Special Tea (1:23) – Gong (Taken from the album ‘I See You’; see www.planetgong.co.uk/)
3. True Love (5:48) – Jade Warrior (Taken from the album ‘Now’; see www.jadewarrior.com/)
Interview with Dave Sturt…
7. Exist (Beyond My Wildest Dreams) (5:47) – Jo Hamilton (Taken from the album ‘Gown’; see news.johamilton.com/, johamiltongown.bandcamp.com/ & www.facebook.com/pages/Jo-Hamilton/33023153163?ref=s)
9. I Must Set Fire To Your Portrait (5:37) – Knifeworld (Taken from the album ‘Bottled Out of Eden’; see www.knifeworld.co.uk/, www.facebook.com/knifeworld & www.insideoutmusic.com/artist.aspx?IdArtist=773)
13. EppyFest 5 promo (2:44); see eppyfest.co.uk/ for more details about the festival and buying tickets
14. Castellanus (6:50) – Elif Yalvac (Taken from the ‘Cloudscapes’ EP; the EP should be available to buy as a digital download from July but for now see hazalelif.wordpress.com & soundcloud.com/hazalelif)
16. The Laughing Gnome (3:03) – David Bowie (Originally available as a single, released in 1967, but now available on the deluxe edition of the album ‘David Bowie’; see www.davidbowie.com)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed and to all listeners, and a special thanks to Dave Sturt for contributing his answers for the interview. Send us comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. I’ll be back next time with a special show when I’m only going to be playing bands and artists I have never played on the Eppy Gibbon show before. It should make for quite a playlist so I hope you’ll come back for that.