This is the 178th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN. The show is also available via Mixcloud here and the Progzilla Radio Network (the show is now appearing on Progzilla in alternate weeks). This latest show is a return to my review of the musical year of 2015 – you’ve heard my countdown of my 31 favourite albums of last year, but now here’s a chance to hear the best of the rest – some great albums, EPs, singles & tracks that didn’t make the top 31 but still deserve to be heard. We have a feature album, ‘John Barleycorn’ by The John Renbourn Group and you’ll hear three tracks from that as we reflect on the great talents of John Renbourn who sadly died last year, plus you can expect a typically eclectic musical mix. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours & 26 minutes. Downloaded file is 134.09 MB.
1. Pavane: “Belle, Qui Tiens Ma Vie”/Tourdion (5:55) – The John Renbourn Group (Taken from the album ‘John Barleycorn’; see www.johnrenbourn.co.uk/)
2. Whiplash (4:05) – The Hank Levy Legacy Band (This track is available as a digital download; see www.cdbaby.com/cd/hanklevylegacyband2, www.hanklevyjazz.com/ & www.facebook.com/Hank-Levy-Legacy-Band-190154561277/)
4. Spaceships There Are (4:47) – Marvin B. Naylor (Taken from the EP ‘Spaceships There Are’; see marvinbnaylormusic.bandcamp.com/album/spaceships-there-are & marvinbnaylor.com/)
If you’d like to see Marvin B. Naylor live at EppyFest on Saturday July 16th at the Lansdown Hall in Stroud you can purchase tickets now from eppyfest.co.uk/
13. Lighthouse (5:15) – Karda Estra (Taken from the EP ‘The Seas And The Stars’; see www.kardaestra.co.uk/, kardaestra.bandcamp.com/album/the-seas-and-the-stars & www.facebook.com/pages/Karda-Estra/67051130804?ref=mf)
15. Blackwaterside (3:22) – The John Renbourn Group (Taken from the album ‘John Barleycorn’; see www.johnrenbourn.co.uk/)
20. The Rage Within The Clouds (10:30) – Necromonkey (Taken from the album ‘Show Me Where It Hertz’; see www.facebook.com/pages/Necromonkey/109218875773387, www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9rJHjj8tNM & soundcloud.com/necromonkey)
22. Sidi Brahim (8:34) – The John Renbourn Group (Taken from the album ‘John Barleycorn’; see www.johnrenbourn.co.uk/)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed and to all listeners. Send us comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. I’ll be back for the next show when I’ll be previewing this year’s EppyFest, so I hope you’ll join me for that.