This is the 177th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN. The show is also available via Mixcloud HERE and the Progzilla Radio Network (the show is now appearing on Progzilla in alternate weeks). This latest show is built around an interview with Michael Bearpark of Henry Fool, Darkroom & No-man, with Michael choosing most of the music and reflecting on the connections between the choices and how they have intersected with key moments in his life. There’s no feature album tonight but you can expect to hear lots of Darkroom and tracks connected with people that Michael has worked and played with, plus a typically eclectic musical mix. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 3 hours & 21 minutes. Downloaded file is 185.6 MB.
1. Little April Shower (3:52) – Disney Chorus (Taken from the ‘Bambi (Original Soundtrack)’; see itunes.apple.com/gb/artist/disney-chorus/id6842941)
Interview with Michael Bearpark
4. Pegasus And Black Coffee (2:44) – Bill Walker And Erdem Helvacioglu (Taken from the album ‘Fields And Fences’; see www.cdbaby.com/cd/billwalkeranderdemhelvac)
6. Unseen Girl (3:15) – Honey Barbara (Taken from the album ‘Wave Grass’; see www.cdbaby.com/cd/honeybarbara)
11. Autumn Leaves (10:40) – Miles Davis (Taken from the album ‘Seven Steps: The Complete Columbia Recordings 1963-1964’; see www.milesdavis.com/)
13. Newtown (3:50) – The Slits (Taken from the album ‘Cut’; see www.theslits.co.uk/)
14. Mother and Child (1:56) – Maddy Prior (Taken from the album ‘Woman In The Wings’; see www.maddyprior.co.uk/)
15. A New Day (3:14) – Mary Margaret O’Hara (Taken from the album ‘Miss America’; see www.marymargaretohara.com/)
16. Overture: Atmospheres (2:52) – György Ligeti, South West German Radio Orchestra, Ernest Bour (Taken from the album ‘2001: A Space Odyssey Soundtrack’; see www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/da5e774b-026a-4117-82a4-11d246c05a8b)
17. Van Den Budenmayer Concerto (4:30) – Zbigniew Preisner (Taken from the album ‘La Double Vie De Véronique’; see www.preisner.com/)
18. Duplicity (2:22) – Steve Bingham (Taken from the album ‘Third′; see stevebingham.co.uk/ & www.facebook.com/pages/Steve-Bingham/164483443597062)
19. Spencer The Rover (4:12) – John Martyn (Taken from the album ‘Sunday’s Child’; see www.johnmartyn.com/)
As part of the feature, ‘The 80s Weren’t All Rubbish You Know!’ …
20. Second Skin (6:51) – The Chameleons (Taken from the album ‘Script Of The Bridge’; see www.thechameleons.com/)
23. We See The Same Stars Differently (24:40) – Darkroom (Taken from the album ‘We See The Same Stars Differently’; see www.darkroomtheband.net/, darkroomtheband.bandcamp.com/ & www.facebook.com/darkroomtheband)
If you’d like to see Darkroom live at EppyFest on Saturday July 16th at the Lansdown Hall in Stroud you can purchase tickets now from eppyfest.co.uk/
24. Nada One (5:22) – Heart (Taken from the album ‘Dog & Butterfly’; see www.heart-music.com/)
25. Weep, O Mine Eyes (2:00) – Rebsie Fairholm (Not currently available to buy but you can listen to it again via soundcloud.com/rebsiefairholm; see also www.rebsiefairholm.co.uk & rebsiefairholm.bandcamp.com)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed and to all listeners. Send us comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. I’ll be back for the next show when I’ll be returning to my review of the music of 2015, specifically focusing on some great music from last year that didn’t feature in my top 31 countdown, so I hope you’ll join me for that.