This is the 176th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN. The show is also available via Mixcloud here and the Progzilla Radio Network (the show is now appearing on Progzilla in alternate weeks). I’m taking a break from my review of the musical year of 2015 to do something a little different. This will be a mix-show, so there won’t be much talking from me, but rather there will be longer strings of tracks mixed together. We have a feature album for the first time in a while, Boards of Canada‘s terrific 1998 album ‘Music Has The Right To Children’. Other than that you can expect tracks played in tribute to the late great Sir George Martin & Keith Emerson, plus a typically eclectic musical mix. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 1 hour & 53 minutes. Downloaded file is 103.6 MB.
1. Petites Litanies De Jesus (4:18) – Keith Emerson (Taken from ‘The Christmas Album’; see www.keithemerson.com/)
2. In My Life (2:28) – The Beatles (Taken from the album ‘Rubber Soul’; see www.thebeatles.com/)
4. Rectify Me (2:45) – 3 Ant Riot (Taken from the compilation album ‘Organ Radio 19: Hold My Goddamn Finger Suzie, That Big Ugly Shark Is Back In The Pool…’; this is not easily available to buy but you might find it on eBay or maybe see organthing.com/ for more details)
7. La Conduite (3:50) – Malicorne (Taken from the album ‘Vox’; see www.gabrielyacoub.com/)
8. The Space Between (6:01) – Zero 7 (Taken from the album ‘When It Falls’; see www.facebook.com/Zero7/)
13. A Lady of a Certain Age (5:48) – The Divine Comedy (Taken from the album ‘Victory for the Comic Muse’; see www.thedivinecomedy.com/ & www.facebook.com/pages/The-Divine-Comedy/288798654027)
15. Jerusalem (2:48) – Emerson, Lake & Palmer (Taken from the album ‘Brain Salad Surgery’; see www.emersonlakepalmer.com/)
As part of the feature, ‘The 80s Weren’t All Rubbish You Know!’ …
17. Paysans Sans Peur (1:19) – Malicorne (Taken from the album ‘Balançoire en Feu’; see www.gabrielyacoub.com/)
19. Red Rice (4:20) – Eliza Carthy (Taken from the album ‘Red’; see www.eliza-carthy.com/, www.facebook.com/elizacarthy & www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/19205396-3f90-4a8b-b085-a795df242a62)
20. It’s Behind You (6:38) – Matt Baber (Taken from the album ‘Outskirts’; see troopersforsound.com/catalogue/matt-baber/outskirts/ & mattbaber.bandcamp.com/album/outskirts)
25. Buffalo Ballet (3:26) – Dawn of the Replicants (Taken from the single ‘Science Fiction Freak’; see dawnofthereplicants.bandcamp.com/)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed and to all listeners. Send us comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. I’ll be back for the next show, built around an interview with Michael Bearpark of Henry Fool, Darkroom & No-man, so I hope you’ll join me then.