This is the 166th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN. The show is also available via Mixcloud here and the Progzilla Radio Network (the show is now appearing on Progzilla in alternate weeks). Halloween has just passed but for this show we have the return of the diabolical Count Eppy Gibbon, who will again be your ghoulish host for this year’s belated Halloween special. The Count’s choice of feature album is ‘Fit The Fourth’ by Tom Slatter & there will be three tracks from that, plus a typically eclectic mixture of spooky sounds and terrifying tales. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours & 5 minutes. Downloaded file is 114.6 MB.
1. Run to your Grave (3:55) – The Mae Shi (Taken from the album ‘HLLLYH’; see www.mae-shi.com/)
3. The Witch (2:31) – The Rattles (Released as a single back in 1970 & available on assorted compilations; see www.rattles.de/band.php)
4. The Steam Engine Murders And The Trial of Seven Bells John (10:22) – Tom Slatter (Taken from the album ‘Fit The Fourth’; see tomslatter.bandcamp.com/album/fit-the-fourth, www.tomslatter.co.uk/, www.facebook.com/tomslattermusic & www.badelephant.co.uk/)
6. Arc of Infinity vs. The Haunted Palace (10:14) – Andy Pickford (This version is not available to buy to my knowledge but you can find the original track on the album ‘Works 1’; see andypickford1.bandcamp.com/album/works-1-remastered, andypickfordmusic.webplus.net/ & www.facebook.com/AndyPickfordMusic)
8. Ghostly Me (3:59) – Aureole (Taken from the album ‘Spinal Reflex’; see aureolemusic.net/, kilk.jp/en/archives/1494 & itunes.apple.com/us/album/spinal-reflex/id994376897)
9. Rumpeltstiltskin (3:52) – Flaming June (Taken from the EP ‘Rumpelstiltskin & The Perils & Promises of Womanhood’; see loui552.wix.com/flamingjuneuk, www.facebook.com/flamingjuneuk & flamingjuneuk.bandcamp.com)
10. Friendly Ghost (3:53) – Sonia Stein (This track is not currently available to buy to my knowledge; see soniastein.com/, www.marathonartists.com/artist/sonia-stein/ & www.facebook.com/soniasteinmusic)
11. Men of the World (7:14) – Tom Slatter (Taken from the album ‘Fit The Fourth’; see tomslatter.bandcamp.com/album/fit-the-fourth, www.tomslatter.co.uk/, www.facebook.com/tomslattermusic & www.badelephant.co.uk/)
12. The Unseen (4:09) – Pinklogik (Taken from the album ‘Random Access Memory’; see pinklogik.wordpress.com/, pinklogik.bandcamp.com/, www.facebook.com/pinklogik/?ref=ts & freemusicarchive.org/music/Pinklogik/)
14. Yondo (5:20) – Karda Estra (Single available as a free download for a limited time only via kardaestra.bandcamp.com/track/yondo; see also www.kardaestra.co.uk/, kardaestra.bandcamp.com/ & www.facebook.com/pages/Karda-Estra/67051130804)
15. So Far From The Shore (8:57) – Tom Slatter (Taken from the album ‘Fit The Fourth’; see tomslatter.bandcamp.com/album/fit-the-fourth, www.tomslatter.co.uk/, www.facebook.com/tomslattermusic & www.badelephant.co.uk/)
16. The Pin Drop (5:03) – Steven Wilson (Taken from the album ‘The Raven That Refused To Sing (And Other Stories)’; see stevenwilsonhq.com/, www.kscopemusic.com/stevenwilson/ & www.facebook.com/StevenWilsonHQ)
17. Don’t Fear The Reaper (original demo version) (5:26) – The Mutton Birds (Taken from the album ‘Flock: The Best Of The Mutton Birds’; see www.areligionofakind.co.uk/)
18. The Fall Of The House Of Usher: I. Prelude II. Arrival III. Intermezzo IV. Pavane V. Fall (16:06) – The Alan Parsons Project (Taken from the album ‘Tales Of Mystery & Imagination’; see www.the-alan-parsons-project.com/ & www.facebook.com/TheAlanParsonsProject)
Thanks, as always, to everyone involved with this show, musicians and listeners alike, and particularly to Count Eppy. Send me comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. The next show will be built around an interview with Phil & Amy Mercy of the band Thieves Kitchen, with lots of music from their brand new album, so I hope you’ll come back for that.