This is the 160th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN. The show is also available via Mixcloud here and will be on the Progzilla Radio Network soon (the show is now appearing on Progzilla in alternate weeks). We finally return to my review of 2014, and here is part two of my ‘best of the rest of 2014’, in which I feature some tracks and albums that didn’t make it into my top 30 albums of last year but are still well worth hearing. There’s no feature album this time, just assorted tracks from last year, covering the usual diverse selection of styles and genres, including prog rock, jazz, electronica, chamber pop, avant prog, film soundtrack music and all sorts of other weird & wonderful music. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours & 41 minutes. Downloaded file is 146.9 MB.
2. Midnight (6:02) – Frequency Drift (Taken from the album ‘Summer’; see www.frequencydrift.com/, frequencydrift.bandcamp.com & www.facebook.com/pages/Frequency-Drift/102874549797611)
3. Astral traveller (single edit) (4:25) – Schnauser (Taken from the double A-side single ‘Astral Traveller /As long as he lies perfectly still’; see www.schnauser.co.uk/, www.fruitsdemerrecords.com/ & www.facebook.com/SchnauserMusic)
5. Into This Space (4:17) – Sundae Club (Taken from the micro-album ‘The 8-Track Stereo Record’; see sundaeclub.bandcamp.com/album/the-8-track-stereo-record & www.facebook.com/sundaeclub)
As part of the semi-regular feature, ‘Cats’ Corner’, with jingle music composed especially by Luna Trick …
9. Three Minutes To Earth (3:00) – The Shin and Mariko (Taken from the album ‘Eurovision Song Contest 2014 Copenhagen’; see the-shin.com/)
13. Enter The Uninvited (4:12) – Ian Anderson (Taken from the album ‘Homo Eraticus’; see jethrotull.com/)
14. The Magpie’s Son (3:43) – Oddfellow’s Casino (Taken from the album ‘The Water Between Us’; see oddfellowscasino.com)
15. Pearl (4:02) – Daniel Carlson (Taken from the album ‘Me You You Me’; see www.danielcarlson.com/me-you-you-me-1-2/, folkwitrecords.bandcamp.com/album/me-you-you-me & folkwit.com/artists/daniel-carlson)
21. Dracul Of Nancy (2:39) – Mats/Morgan (Taken from the album ‘[schack tati]’; see www.cuneiformrecords.com/bandshtml/matsmorgan.html, www.morganagren.com/ & cuneiformrecords.bandcamp.com/album/schack-tati)
22. Tati Bake (3:42) – Mats/Morgan (Taken from the album ‘[schack tati]’; see www.cuneiformrecords.com/bandshtml/matsmorgan.html, www.morganagren.com/ & cuneiformrecords.bandcamp.com/album/schack-tati)
23. Inside The Frame (6:48) – Mike Kershaw (Taken from the album ‘Ice Age’; see www.kershmusic.com/home, mikekershaw.bandcamp.com/album/ice-age, & www.facebook.com/pages/Mike-Kershaw/144511622309101)
24. Crowbaby (5:02) – Judy Dyble (Taken from the album ‘Live At WM Jazz’; see judydyble.com/ & www.burningshed.com/store/judydyble/product/156/5837/)
25. Point Blunt Light (6:25) – Jeff Green Project (Taken from the album ‘Elder Creek’; see www.cdbaby.com/cd/jeffgreenproject & www.facebook.com/pages/Jeff-Green-Project/181935641858756)
27. She’s Leaving Home (5:23) – Brett Kull (This track is available as a free download via echolyn.bandcamp.com/track/brett-kull-she-s-leaving-home-lennon-mccartney; see also www.brettkull.com/)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed and to all listeners too. Send me comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. I’ll be back soon with a show previewing this year’s Moseley Folk Festival; I will feature tracks from several of the acts on the bill, plus there will also be several tracks from assorted 2015 releases, so I hope you’ll join me again then.