This is the 156th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN. The show is also available via Mixcloud here and the Progzilla Radio Network soon (the show is now appearing on Progzilla in alternate weeks). Your regular host, Eppy, is back for this show, which is a long track special, so there will be lots of epic tracks (plus a few shorter ones) for your listening pleasure. The feature album this time around is a charity compilation album from 1999, ‘The Sky Goes All The Way Home’, and there will be three tracks from that album from three different artists. Otherwise the show will contain the usual eclectic mixture of progressive rock, electronica, folk, jazz & more, plus there’s a tribute to the late, great Christopher Lee. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours & 14 minutes. Downloaded file is 122.6 MB.
1. Verse Of The Rings (1:20) – The Tolkien Ensemble & Christopher Lee (Taken from the album ‘The Lord Of The Rings – At Dawn In Rivendell‘; see www.tolkien-ensemble.net/)
As part of the feature, ‘The 80s Weren’t All Rubbish You Know!’ …
4. A Little Piece Of Heaven (2:06) – Rick Wakeman (Taken from the album ‘The Sky Goes All The Way Home’; see www.rwcc.com/, www.facebook.com/RickWakemanMusic, & for more about ‘The Sky Goes All The Way Home’, see www.synthmusicdirect.com/skyall.cfm)
6. The Weight Of The World pts 1-3 (14:52) – Sanguine Hum (Taken from the album ‘The Weight Of The World’; see sanguinehum.bandcamp.com/album/the-weight-of-the-world, troopersforsound.com/catalogue/sanguine-hum/the-weight-of-the-world/, & www.facebook.com/SanguineHum)
10. EppyFest 4 Promo (3:46) EppyFest 4 takes place on July 11th. You can find out more about the festival and buy tickets at eppyfest.co.uk/
11. Boy (9:20) – Unto Us (Taken from the album ‘The Human Landscape’; see untous.com/ & www.facebook.com/pages/Unto-Us/215280425160974?fref=ts)
12. The Sky Breaks (6:57) – Andy Pickford (Taken from the album ‘The Sky Goes All The Way Home’; see andypickfordmusic.webplus.net/, andypickford1.bandcamp.com/ & www.facebook.com/AndyPickfordMusic, & for more about ‘The Sky Goes All The Way Home’, see www.synthmusicdirect.com/skyall.cfm)
13. Some Of The Creatures Have Broken The Locks On The Door To Lab 558 (7:29) – Tom Slatter (Taken from the album ‘Fit The Fourth’; see tomslatter.bandcamp.com/album/fit-the-fourth, www.tomslatter.co.uk/, www.facebook.com/tomslattermusic & www.badelephant.co.uk/)
14. Crazy Raven (8:47) – The Poozies (Taken from the album ‘Chantoozies’; see www.poozies.co.uk/)
15. Tears Of The Sun (9:30) – The Enid (Taken from the album ‘The Sky Goes All The Way Home’; see www.theenid.co.uk/ & en-gb.facebook.com/TheEnid, & for more about ‘The Sky Goes All The Way Home’, see www.synthmusicdirect.com/skyall.cfm)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed and to all listeners. Send me comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. Rebsie & Daniel will be filling in for me again on the next show, with another of their own wonderful takes on Eppy Gibbon music, so I hope you’ll come back for that.