This is the 155th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN. The show is also available via Mixcloud here and the Progzilla Radio Network soon (the show is now appearing on Progzilla in alternate weeks). Your usual host, Eppy, is experiencing a busy period at work and is preparing for EppyFest 4, so Rebsie & Daniel from Alchymical Muse have kindly stepped in to bring you another of their takes on the Eppy Gibbon show. You can expect a typically eclectic musical mix, including a feature artist (rather than a feature album), XTC, and there will be three tracks from that band. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours & 8 minutes. Downloaded file is 117.3 MB.
1. Solitude (3:50) – Rondellus (Taken from the album ‘Sabbatum: A Medieval Tribute to Black Sabbath‘; see www.rondellus.ee/)
2. Beda Oro (4:18) – Austin Troubadours (Taken from the album ‘Mediterranean Journey’; see www.austintroubadours.com & www.facebook.com/pages/Austin-Troubadours-Fan-Page/241897145195)
4. Monkey Parts (4:52) – Roundhead (Taken from the album ‘Creature Comfort’; see www.reverbnation.com/barbhuntercello)
5. That Which Darkly Thrives (5:14) – Espers (Taken from the album ‘Espers III’; see www.last.fm/music/Espers)
6. Hook (4:46) – Macmaster/Hay (Taken from the album ‘Hook’; see www.facebook.com/pages/MacmasterHay/158111410893459)
Tickets and more information about EppyFest are available from eppyfest.co.uk/
7. Human Alchemy (5:11) – XTC (Taken from the album ‘Mummer’; see www.ape.uk.net/)
8. Teenage Lightning (6:56) – Coil (Taken from the album ‘The Age of Naples’; see www.brainwashed.com/coil/)
9. Sugarbread (3:35) – Soap&Skin (Taken from the album ‘Sugarbread’; see www.soapandskin.com)
10. Who are You, Defenders of the Universe (3:42) – The Dears (Taken from the album ‘No Cities Left’; see www.thedears.tumblr.com)
12. Complicated Game (5:05) – XTC (Taken from the album ‘Drums and Wires’; see www.ape.uk.net/)
As part of the feature, ‘The 80s Weren’t All Rubbish You Know!’ …
13. Holiday for Plywood (5:43) – Tuxedomoon (Taken from the album ‘Desire’; see www.tuxedomoon.co)
15. Cunla (3:59) – Planxty (Taken from the album ‘The Well Below the Valley’; see www.last.fm/music/Planxty)
18. To Thrum a Glassy Stem (4:04) – In Gowan Ring (Taken from the album ‘The Glinting Spade’; see www.ingowanring.com & merlinsnoserecords.bandcamp.com/album/the-glinting-spade)
19. Melt the Guns (6:34) – XTC (Taken from the album ‘English Settlement’; see www.ape.uk.net/)
21. I Wonder if You Sing it Now (3:59) – Birds of Passage & Leonardo Rosado (Taken from the album ‘Dear and Unfamiliar’; see www.birdsofpassagemusic.com/, www.birdsofpassage.bandcamp.com & www.facebook.com/birdsofpassagemusic)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed and to all listeners. Send me comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. Eppy will be back for the next show which will be a long track special so I hope you’ll come back for that.