This is the 152nd edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN. The show is now also available via Mixcloud here and the Progzilla Radio Network here (the show is now appearing on Progzilla in alternate weeks). This show is the second of two that celebrate me recently turning 40. Across the two shows I’ll be playing 40 tracks to celebrate some of the music that has made me who I am today (but don’t let that put you off!). Last time I covered the first 20, covering the years 1975 to 1994, and this time it’s the second 20, covering the years 1995 to 2014. We’ll cover the usual diverse selection of styles and genres, including prog rock, electronica, pronk rock, chamber pop, alternative rock, folk, Canterbury and all sorts of other weird & wonderful music. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours & 2 minutes. Downloaded file is 111.9 MB.
2. Fiery Gun Hand (5:13) – Cardiacs (Taken from the album ‘Sing To God’; see www.cardiacs.net/)
6. Sea Song (6:13) – Doves (Taken from the album ‘Lost Souls’; see www.facebook.com/Doves)
7. Mastermind (5:22) – The Divine Comedy (Taken from the album ‘Regeneration’; see www.thedivinecomedy.com/ & www.facebook.com/pages/The-Divine-Comedy/288798654027)
9. On (2:59) – Ritual (Taken from the album ‘Think Like A Mountain’; see www.ritual.se/Ritual_Official_Web/Home.html)
11. Eternal Optimist (6:33) – Frogg Cafe (Taken from the album ‘Fortunate Observer Of Time’; see www.froggcafe.com/, www.facebook.com/pages/Frogg-Cafe/66279581629 & 10trecords.com/artists/genres/progressive-experimental/frogg-cafe/)
13. Euromatic (3:31) – Canon (Taken from the album ‘Wide Awake’; see www.last.fm/music/CANON/Wide+Awake)
14. Returglas (4:13) – Thieves’ Kitchen (Taken from the album ‘The Water Road’; see thieveskitchen.wordpress.com/, www.cdbaby.com/cd/thieveskitchen4, thieveskitchen.bandcamp.com/ & www.facebook.com/thieveskitchen?ref=ts&fref=ts)
15. Downtown Again (4:10) – Daniel Carlson (Taken from the album ‘Aviary Jackson′; see folkwit.com/artists/daniel-carlson, www.groundlift.org/Daniel_Carlson & www.facebook.com/pages/Daniel-Carlson/184575642396)
16. Dark Ages (4:42) – Sanguine Hum (Taken from the album ‘Diving Bell’; see www.cherryred.co.uk/shopexd.asp?id=3567, troopersforsound.com/catalogue/ & www.facebook.com/pages/Sanguine-Hum/148914338483750)
Tickets and more information about EppyFest are available from eppyfest.co.uk/
19. In Code (4:35) – Sanguine Hum (Taken from the album ‘The Weight Of The World’; see www.cherryred.co.uk/esoteric-exd.asp?id=4053, troopersforsound.com/catalogue/ & www.facebook.com/pages/Sanguine-Hum/148914338483750)
20. The Ending Of The Open Sky (5:35) – Kaukasus (Taken from the album ‘I’; see kaukasus.no/, www.burningshed.com/store/autumnsongsrecords/product/467/5627/ & www.facebook.com/KaukasusBand)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed and to all listeners. Send me comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. I’ll be back soon with an interview with Matt Baber & Joff Winks from Sanguine Hum, featuring tracks from their new album ‘Now We Have Light’, so I hope you’ll join me again then.