This is the 150th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN. The show is also available via Mixcloud here and the Progzilla Radio Network here. Taking a break from my seemingly never-ending review of 2014 this show previews a couple of upcoming festivals, particularly my own EppyFest 4. We also return to three of the show’s semi-regular features, including having a feature album, which this time has an EppyFest connection as it’s ‘Lightships’ by the band Firefly Burning who are on at this year’s festival. We’ll also cover the usual diverse selection of styles and genres, including prog rock, jazz, electronica, progressive pop, trip hop, neo-classical, math rock, pronk rock and all sorts of other weird & wonderful music. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 1 hour & 56 minutes. Downloaded file is 106.2 MB.
4. These Four Walls (8:09) – Unto Us (Taken from the album ‘The Human Landscape’; see untous.com/ & www.facebook.com/pages/Unto-Us/215280425160974?fref=ts)
5. The Oldest Road (4:34) – Arch Garrison (Taken from the album ‘I Will Be a Pilgrim’; see www.archgarrison.co.uk/ & www.facebook.com/pages/Arch-Garrison/436363986400726)
6. Seek And You Will Find (3:46) – Stackridge (B-side of the single ‘North Street Grande’ & available as a free download via www.heliumrecords.co.uk/stackridge/stackridge-seek-and-you-will-find-free-download.php; see www.stackridge.net/ & www.facebook.com/pages/Stackridge/110285809010957)
Tickets and more information about EppyFest are available from eppyfest.co.uk/
As part of the semi-regular feature, ‘Cats’ Corner’, with jingle music composed especially by Luna Trick …
Both Squarepusher & Neil Cowley Trio will be at this year’s Cheltenham Jazz Festival – see www.cheltenhamfestivals.com/jazz/ for more details
As part of the semi-regular feature, ‘The 80s Weren’t All Rubbish You Know!’ …
13. Where the Green Lane Runs (2:17) – Arch Garrison (Taken from the album ‘I Will Be a Pilgrim’; see www.archgarrison.co.uk/ & www.facebook.com/pages/Arch-Garrison/436363986400726)
15. Break of Day (4:37) – Saul Blease (Taken from the album ‘Daybreak′; see www.saulblease.com/p/home.html, saulblease.bandcamp.com & www.facebook.com/pages/Saul-Blease/238433059526178)
16. In A Lifetime (8:44) – Unto Us (Taken from the album ‘The Human Landscape’; see untous.com/ & www.facebook.com/pages/Unto-Us/215280425160974?fref=ts)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed and to all listeners too – it’s been a great 150 episodes & here’s to another 150! Send me comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. I’ll be back soon with a two-part special – my 40 at 40 – which will celebrate my 40th birthday and some of the music that’s been really important to me over the years, so I hope you’ll join me again then.