This is the 149th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN. The show is also available via Mixcloud here and the Progzilla Radio Network. Continuing with my review of 2014, and following my top 30 albums of last year, here is part one of my ‘best of the rest of 2014’, in which I feature some tracks, albums and events that didn’t make it into my top 30. There’s no feature album this time, just assorted tracks from last year, covering the usual diverse selection of styles and genres, including prog rock, post rock, electronica, psych folk, prog metal, experimental film soundtrack music and all sorts of other weird & wonderful music. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours. Downloaded file is 109.8 MB.
3. Amps, Drugs, Mellotron (3:51) – Tim Hecker (Taken from the Adult Swim Singles Program 2014 – this track is available as a free download via soundcloud.com/adultswimsingles/amps-drugs-mellotron; see also www.sunblind.net/ & www.facebook.com/pages/Tim-Hecker/42374759420)
4. Intensity (5:52) – Linda Perhacs (Taken from the album ‘The Soul of All Natural Things’; see www.lindaperhacs.com/)
5. If I Believe In You, Will You Promise To Exist? (4:37) – Leaving Richmond (Taken from the EP ‘An Elusive Glow’; see leavingrichmond.tumblr.com/, leavingrichmond.bandcamp.com/ & www.facebook.com/leavingrichmond)
8. Emmène Moi (3:44) – Cécile Corbel (Taken from the album ‘La Fiancée’; see www.cecile-corbel.com)
10. Derision (6:13) – Sanguine Hum (Taken from the album ‘Live In America’ – now available as a strictly limited (1000 copies globally) & numbered CD/DVD – see www.burningshed.com/store/artrock/product/119/5762/; see also troopersforsound.com/ & www.facebook.com/SanguineHum)
11. Old News (4:10) – Mike Kershaw (Taken from the EP ‘Departure’; see www.kershmusic.com/home, mikekershaw.bandcamp.com, www.cdbaby.com/Artist/MikeKershaw & www.facebook.com/pages/Mike-Kershaw/144511622309101)
12. Slow Descent (3:24) – The Humans (Taken from the album ‘Strange Tales’; see toyahwillcox.com/thehumans/)
13. Enter The Uninvited (4:12) – Ian Anderson (Taken from the album ‘Homo Eraticus’; see jethrotull.com/)
16. The Woven Web (4:08) – Animals As Leaders (Taken from the album ‘The Joy of Motion’; see sumerianrecords.com/artist/details/Animals+As+Leaders/id:36/ & www.facebook.com/animalsasleaders)
17. Get in Your Car (4:54) – The Humans (Taken from the album ‘Strange Tales’; see toyahwillcox.com/thehumans/)
18. La Fille Du Miroir (4:02) – Cécile Corbel (Taken from the album ‘La Fiancée’; see www.cecile-corbel.com)
19. Children (3:16) – Linda Perhacs (Taken from the album ‘The Soul of All Natural Things’; see www.lindaperhacs.com/)
20. I Love You All (Radio Mix) (3:52) – The Soronprfbs feat. Michael Fassbender (Taken from the album ‘Frank (Music and songs from the film)’; see frank-film.com/#/ & www.facebook.com/pages/The-Soronprfbs/567876969991863)
21. Lipstick to Void (6:42) – Mica Levi (Taken from the album ‘Under the Skin (Jonathan Glazer’s Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)’; see www.academyfilms.com/jonathan-glazer, www.micachu.biz/ & www.facebook.com/pages/Micachu/10361552241)
22. Once Upon a Dream (3:23) – Lana Del Rey (Taken from the soundtrack album to the film ‘Maleficent’; see lanadelrey.com/)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed and to all listeners too. Send me comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. I’ll be back soon with my preview of EppyFest 4, which will feature tracks from all the acts on at this year’s festival, so I hope you’ll join me again then.