This is the 144th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN. The show is also available via Mixcloud here. Following the festive season this edition features a number of 2014 releases plus also looks forward to the new year ahead, including EppyFest 4. This show’s feature album is ‘When The Aliens Come’ by Dave Martone, plus there will be the usual diverse selection of styles and genres, including prog rock, eccentric pop, jazz fusion, prog metal, trip hop, avant prog and all sorts of other weird & wonderful music. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours & 25 mins. Downloaded file is 132.8 MB.
6. Mr. Piccand (6:18) – Mats/Morgan (Taken from the album ‘[schack tati]’; see www.cuneiformrecords.com/bandshtml/matsmorgan.html, www.morganagren.com/ & cuneiformrecords.bandcamp.com/album/schack-tati)
11. Factory of Fractals (8:20) – +1 (Not currently available to buy but likely to be on a future +1 album; see www.precognitiverecords.com/)
15. These Four Walls (8:09) – Unto Us (Taken from the album ‘The Human Landscape’; see untous.com/ & www.facebook.com/pages/Unto-Us/215280425160974?fref=ts)
17. An Ordinary Poison (5:27) – Mike Kershaw (Taken from the EP ‘Departure’; see www.kershmusic.com/home, www.cdbaby.com/Artist/MikeKershaw & www.facebook.com/pages/Mike-Kershaw/144511622309101)
22. Mandragora (6:30) – Sirkis/Bialas International Quartet (Taken from the album ‘Come To Me’; see www.asafsirkis.co.uk/ & asafsirkis.bandcamp.com/album/sirkis-bialas-international-quartet-come-to-me)
A happy New Year to all the musicians who contributed and to all listeners too. Send me comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join. I’ll be back later in January with a TV themes special so I hope you’ll join me again then.