This is the 142nd edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN. You can also listen via Mixcloud here. This time around Daniel & Rebsie of Alchymical Muse are sitting in for me & choosing all the music again as I focus on my day job. The feature album is ‘The Great Leap’ by LA-based prog rock collective Phideaux & there will be three tracks from it. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks to where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 1 hour and 49 minutes. Downloaded file is 100 MB.
1. Odi Et Amo (3:12) – Johann Johannsson (Taken from the album ‘Englaborn’; see www.johannjohannsson.com)
2. Fionnghuala (1:28) – The Bothy Band (Taken from the album ‘Old Hag You Have Killed Me’; see www.ceolas.org/artists/Bothy_Band)
3. Neige (4:01) – Cécile Corbel (Taken from the album ‘La Fiancée’; see www.cecile-corbel.com)
4. Drive the Cold Winter Away/Ride to Hell (4:44) – Horslips (Taken from the album ‘The Book of Invasions’; see www.horslips.ie)
5. You and Me Against a World of Pain (5:35) – Phideaux (Taken from the album ‘The Great Leap’; see www.bloodfish.com)
6. Corpus Christi Carol (4:37) – Caitlín Matthews (with R.J. Stewart) (Taken from the album ‘Deep Well in the Wildwood’; see www.rjstewart.net)
7. Lunaja Karalewa (3:50) – Sava (Taken from the album ‘Aire’; see www.sava-music.de)
8. Intravenous (4:34) – Saint Saviour (Taken from the album ‘In the Seams’; see www.saintsaviour.co.uk)
9. Miss Modular (4:29) – Stereolab (Taken from the album ‘Dots and Loops’; see www.stereolab.co.uk)
As part of the feature, ‘The 80s Weren’t All Rubbish You Know!’ …
10. White Car in Germany (4:54) – The Associates (Taken from the album ‘Fourth Drawer Down’; see www.last.fm/music/The+Associates)
11. Tannis Root (4:52) – Phideaux (Taken from the album ‘The Great Leap’; see www.bloodfish.com)
12. Backbone Practise (6:01) – Sopor Aeternus & the Ensemble of Shadows (Taken from the album ‘La Chambre d’Echo – Where the Dead Birds Sing’; see www.soporaeternus.de)
13. Oblivion/Humans (5:53) – Meat Beat Manifesto (Taken from the album ‘Actual Sounds & Voices’; see www.meatbeatmanifesto.com)
14. Tristeza (3:01) – Empress Of (Taken from the album ‘Systems’; see www.soundcloud.com/empressof)
15. Oceanus Procellarum (3:47) – Baobab (Taken from the album ‘Bahobahb’; see www.baobabmusic.bandcamp.com)
16. Harry’s in Heaven (7:22) – Martyn Bennett (Taken from the album ‘Hardland’; see www.martynbennett.com/)
17. The Colourfield (2:30) – The Colourfield (Taken from the album ‘Virgins & Philistines’; see www.last.fm/music/The+Colourfield)
18. Abducted (6:10) – Phideaux (Taken from the album ‘The Great Leap’; see www.bloodfish.com)
19. L’écolier Assassin (8:38) – Malicorne (Taken from the album ‘Almanach’; see www.gabrielyacoub.com)
20. Feast of Silence (7:17) – Vas (Taken from the album ‘Feast of Silence’; see www.last.fm/music/Vas)
Thanks, as always, to everyone involved with this show, musicians and listeners alike. Please leave a comment if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!) or if you want to have your say on anything else connected to this podcast. If you want to keep up to date with news about this podcast, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join. The next show will see Eppy return from his sabbatical.