This is the 137th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN. You can also listen via Mixcloud here. For this edition of the show I’m chatting with Michael Bearpark, he of Henry Fool, Darkroom & live No-Man performances, who will be choosing most of the music, plus we’ll have tracks from his assorted musical projects. I’ll also be bringing you some tracks from some new 2014 releases. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks to where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours and 58 minutes. Downloaded file is 162.96 MB.
Interview with Michael Bearpark…
6. Some of These Numbers Mean Something (6:17) – Darkroom (Taken from the album ‘Some of These Numbers Mean Something’; see www.darkroomtheband.net/, darkroomtheband.bandcamp.com/ & www.facebook.com/darkroomtheband)
12. Aqua (4:59) – Dvwb (Taken from the album ‘Cosmic Machine – A Voyage Across French Cosmic & Electronic Avantgarde (1970-1980)’; see www.because.tv/en/ & soundcloud.com/experimedia/va-cosmic-machine-a-voyage)
15. I Love You All (Radio Mix) (3:52) – The Soronprfbs feat. Michael Fassbender (Taken from the album ‘Frank (Music and songs from the film)’; see frank-film.com/#/ & www.facebook.com/pages/The-Soronprfbs/567876969991863)
17. Autumn in flashbacks (3:22) – Soiled /Marcus H (Taken from the album ‘Splices and Phases’; see elmlodgerecordsuk.bandcamp.com/album/splices-and-phases, marcushmusic.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1 & soundcloud.com/soiled)
18. There is a World Without You (4:44) – Memory Drawings (Taken from the album ‘There is No Perfect Place’; see hibernaterecordings.bandcamp.com/album/there-is-no-perfect-place, memorydrawings.bandcamp.com/, www.memorydrawings.blogspot.co.uk/ & www.facebook.com/MemoryDrawings)
Many, many thanks to Michael Bearpark for the interview and thanks as always to all the bands, musicians and listeners who make this podcast possible. Please leave a comment if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!) or if you want to have your say on anything else connected to this podcast. If you want to keep up to date with news about this podcast, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join. I’ll be back in a couple of weeks with a show largely focusing on 2014 releases, plus a few oldies, so I hope you’ll come back for that. And I hope to see some of you at this year’s Summer’s End.