This is the 136th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN. You can also listen via Mixcloud here. For this edition of the show I’m chatting with Mr Stephen Lambe, one of the organisers of the Summer’s End Festival, which this year is taking place on the 26th, 27th & 28th of September in Chepstow. We’ll be chatting about this year’s festival and previewing the line-up, including tracks from most of the bands performing over the three days, plus I’ll be playing Stephen some tracks in an attempt to convince him who he might get for future years of the festival. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks to where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours and 40 minutes. Downloaded file is 146.9 MB.
Interview with Stephen Lambe…
6. Paper Bag (6:00) – KingBathmat (Taken from the album ‘Blue Sea, Black Heart’ & also available on the band’s free six-track sampler – kingbathmat.bandcamp.com/album/free-6-track-sampler; see also www.kingbathmat.com/ & kingbathmat.bandcamp.com/)
7. Dignity In Trauma (3:05) – Random Jon Poole (Taken from the album ‘Random Jon Poole’; see randomjonpoole.bandcamp.com/album/random-jon-poole-2013 & www.facebook.com/RandomJonPoole)
9. Chance Encounters (4:22) – Argos (Taken from the album ‘Cruel Symmetry’; see www.facebook.com/pages/ARGOS/7061742082)
11. Empire (5:37) – Colourflow (Likely to appear on the band’s forthcoming, as yet untitled debut album; see www.colourflow.net/ & the track can be downloaded via colourflow.bandcamp.com/track/empire-2 )
12. Back In NYC (5:44) – Tin Spirits (Taken from the album ‘Wired To Earth’; see tinspirits.co.uk/band/, www.esotericrecordings.com/tinspirits.html & www.facebook.com/pages/Tin-Spirits/210225342356280)
If you’d like to buy tickets or find out more about the Summer’s End festival then go to www.summersend.co.uk/
16. Summers End (5:08) – Nicolas & the Iceni (Taken from the album ‘Narrow Road to the Deep North’; see www.cdbaby.com/cd/nicolasandtheiceni, www.holyground.co.uk/, soundcloud.com/nicolas-and-the-iceni & www.facebook.com/nicolasandtheiceni)
Many, many thanks to Stephen Lambe for the interview and thanks as always to all the bands, musicians and listeners who make this podcast possible. Please leave a comment if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!) or if you want to have your say on anything else connected to this podcast. If you want to keep up to date with news about this podcast, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join. I’ll be back in a couple of weeks with a show featuring an interview with Henry Fool, Darkroom & live No-Man guitarist Michael Bearpark so I hope you’ll come back for that. And I hope to see some of you at this year’s Summer’s End.