This is the 135th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN. You can also listen via Mixcloud here. For this edition of the show I’m chatting with Mr Ed Wilkins, presenter of the A Certain Prog Prog Mixcloud show. We’ll be chatting about and playing some of Ed’s favourite music featuring the viola, plus I’ll be playing tracks from some recent releases (& one slightly older track) too. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks to where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 1 hour and 50 minutes. Downloaded file is 100.36 MB.
1. Wild Waters (Radio Edit) (4:07) – Oddfellow’s Casino (Taken from the ‘At The Helm Sampler #2’ – see atthehelmrecords.bandcamp.com/releases – plus the full-length version of this track can be found on the latest Oddfellow’s Casino album ‘The Water Between Us’; see oddfellowscasino.com/)
2. The Sensual Con (7:36) – Bubblemath (Taken from their forthcoming new and, as far as I know, currently untitled album; see www.facebook.com/bubblemath, bubblemath.bandcamp.com/, & www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2RC0yVec2Q&feature=youtu.be)
3. Little Smiles (5:24) – Stop Motion Orchestra (Taken from the album ‘Instant Everything!’; see www.stopmotionorchestra.com/, stopmotionorchestra.bandcamp.com/album/instant-everything & www.facebook.com/stopmotionorchestra/info)
Interview with Ed Wilkins…
5. No One Is There (3:37) – Nico (Taken from the album ‘The Marble Index′; see smironne.free.fr/NICO/bio.html)
6. Moomin Took My Head (4:32) – Ritual (Taken from the album ‘Think Like A Mountain’; see www.ritual.se/Ritual_Official_Web/Home.html)
7. Myrrhman (5:33) – Talk Talk (Taken from the album ‘Laughing Stock’; see en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk_Talk)
8. Hello Goodbye (3:32) – The Beatles (Taken from the album ‘Magical Mystery Tour’; see www.thebeatles.com/)
9. Song To Comus (7:30) – Comus (Taken from the album ‘Song To Comus: The Complete Collection’; see comusmusic.co.uk/)
11. Tea For Two (4:28) – Bill Frisell (Taken from the album ‘Beautiful Dreamers’; see www.billfrisell.com/home)
To listen to Ed’s Mixcloud show, see www.mixcloud.com/ACertainProgProg/
13. We Are Fragile Like The China (6:36) – The Light Afternoon (Taken from the album ‘Among The Family Tree′; see www.thelightafternoon.com/, itunes.apple.com/gb/album/among-the-family-tree/id835799029 & www.facebook.com/thelightafternoon)
14. Music For Insomniacs Part VI (Matt Berry Sundae Club Remix) (3:56) – Sundae Club feat. Matt Berry (Taken from the micro-album ‘The 8-Track Stereo Record’; see sundaeclub.bandcamp.com/album/the-8-track-stereo-record & www.facebook.com/sundaeclub)
Many, many thanks to Ed Wilkins for the interview and thanks as always to all the bands, musicians and listeners who make this podcast possible. Please leave a comment if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!) or if you want to have your say on anything else connected to this podcast. If you want to keep up to date with news about this podcast, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join. I’ll be back in a couple of weeks with another show, hopefully previewing this year’s Summer’s End festival, so I hope you’ll come back for that.