This is the 134th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN. You can also listen via Mixcloud here. This time around it’s my great delight to present to you an interview I carried out with the legendary Judy Dyble. You’ll hear Judy talk about her life in music, pick some of her favourite tracks by other artists, and tell us about some of the things she might be doing in the near future. The show features music from Judy’s time with Fairport Convention and Giles, Giles & Fripp, plus several tracks from her wonderful solo career. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks to where you can find more information about each artist/track.
Total running time: 2 hour and 9 minutes. Downloaded file is 118 MB.
1. The Lobster (4:49) – Fairport Convention (Taken from the album ‘Fairport Convention’; see www.fairportconvention.com/)
2. Jazzbirds (3:08) – Judy Dyble (Taken from the album ‘Talking With Strangers’; see judydyble.com/ & www.facebook.com/pages/Judy-Dybles-Newborn-Strangers/1268827907404)
Interview with Judy Dyble…
3. Town Without Pity (2:54) – Gene Pitney (Taken from the compilation album ‘18 All-Time Greatest Hits’; see www.genepitney.com/ & www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/828b1208-2ce4-40c1-b659-11d7f540748c)
4. Letters (5:55) – Judy Dyble (Taken from the album ‘Flow and Change’; see judydyble.com/ & www.facebook.com/pages/Judy-Dybles-Newborn-Strangers/1268827907404)
5. Wintersong (4:02) – Judy Dyble (Taken from the album ‘Flow and Change′; to watch the video that was made to accompany this song & that Judy mentions in the interview go to www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXjFsrPyC-g, plus see judydyble.com/ & www.facebook.com/pages/Judy-Dybles-Newborn-Strangers/1268827907404)
6. How Could We End Up Here? (4:37) – Jackie McAuley (Taken from the album ‘Bad Day At Black Rock’; see www.allmusic.com/artist/jackie-mcauley-mn0000108186/biography)
7. Under the Sky (3:53) – Giles, Giles & Fripp (Taken from the album ‘The Brondesbury Tapes’; see judydyble.com/content/brondesbury-tapes & www.allmusic.com/album/the-brondesbury-tapes-1968-mw0000220445)
8. Crowbaby (5:02) – Judy Dyble (Taken from the album ‘Live At WM Jazz’; see judydyble.com/ & www.burningshed.com/store/judydyble/product/156/5837/)
9. Harpsong (19:10) – Judy Dyble (Taken from the album ‘Talking With Strangers’; see judydyble.com/ & www.facebook.com/pages/Judy-Dybles-Newborn-Strangers/1268827907404)
10. Dear Delia (Doctor Who Theme) (2:40) – She Makes War (Taken from the album ‘Online Gig 22.7.14′ – I’m not sure if this album is still available to buy but here’s the link for it: shemakeswar.bandcamp.com/album/online-gig-22714; see also shemakeswar.bandcamp.com/track/dear-delia for a free download version of the same track & also www.shemakeswar.com/ where there’s a link to her new album pledge campaign)
Many, many thanks to Judy Dyble for the interview and thanks as always to all the bands, musicians and listeners who make this podcast possible. Please leave a comment if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!) or if you want to have your say on anything else connected to this podcast. If you want to keep up to date with news about this podcast, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join. I’ll be back in a couple of weeks with another show, so I hope you’ll come back for that.