This is the 128th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN. You can also listen via Mixcloud here. This is another of my occasional long track specials, featuring some epic (and not quite so epic) tracks. The feature album for this show is ‘The Subtle Art Of Failure’ by US heavy prog rockers Divided Sky so you’ll hear three tracks from that, plus there will be the usual eclectic mix of styles, only with longer tracks. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks to where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours and 20 minutes. Downloaded file is 128.7 MB.
2. Spring Song (10:00) – Gryphon (Taken from the album ‘Treason’; see www.gaudela.net/gryphon/ & www.facebook.com/pages/Gryphon/32198493447?fref=ts)
3. Sheep And Kings (3:13) – Divided Sky (Taken from the album ‘The Subtle Art Of Failure’; see dividedsky.bandcamp.com/album/the-subtle-art-of-failure & www.facebook.com/dividedskymusic)
5. Lift The Memory (8:50) – Kaukasus (Taken from the album ‘I’; see kaukasus.no/, www.burningshed.com/store/autumnsongsrecords/product/467/5627/ & www.facebook.com/KaukasusBand)
6. Failure (9:58) – Divided Sky (Taken from the album ‘The Subtle Art Of Failure’; see dividedsky.bandcamp.com/album/the-subtle-art-of-failure & www.facebook.com/dividedskymusic)
7. EppyFest 3 Promo (1:55) EppyFest 3 takes place on July 5th. You can find out more about the festival and buy tickets at eppyfest.co.uk/
8. No Need (7:44) – Andy Pickford (Taken from the album ‘Jera’; this album has been removed from general sale but for more details about Andy’s music see andypickfordmusic.webplus.net/, andypickford1.bandcamp.com/ & www.facebook.com/AndyPickfordMusic)
9. The One You’ve Got (10:50) – +1 (Taken from the album ‘After The Storm’; see www.precognitiverecords.com/)
10. Station Break UK (0:16) – +1 (Taken from the album ‘After The Storm’; see www.precognitiverecords.com/)
12. Kaironomea (23:20) – Divided Sky (Taken from the album ‘The Subtle Art Of Failure’; see dividedsky.bandcamp.com/album/the-subtle-art-of-failure & www.facebook.com/dividedskymusic)
As part of the feature, ‘The 80s Weren’t All Rubbish You Know!’ …
13. The Everso Closely Guarded Line (8:10) – Cardiacs (Taken from the album ‘On Land and in the Sea’; see www.cardiacs.net/)
Many thanks as always to all the bands, musicians and listeners who make this podcast possible. Please leave a comment if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!) or if you want to have your say on anything else connected to this podcast. If you want to keep up to date with news about this podcast, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join. Next time I’ll be back with another ‘normal’ show, with a few more shorter tracks, so I hope you’ll come back for that. And don’t forget to buy tickets for EppyFest via eppyfest.co.uk/