This is the one-hundred-and-twenty-sixth edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN. You can also listen via Mixcloud here. This show is a guest slot introduced by Rebsie Fairholm and Daniel Staniforth of Alchymical Muse. The feature album is ‘Me Oh My’ by Cate Le Bon, the 2009 debut album by this very talented artist from Wales. There’s also lots more new, old and unusual music. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks to where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 1 hour and 39 minutes. Downloaded file is 90.9 MB.
1. Hole in the Sky (4:49) – North Sea Radio Orchestra (Taken from the album ‘North Sea Radio Orchestra’; see www.nsro.co.uk)
2. At Dawn (Vogel) (4:16) – Pantaleimon (Taken from the album ‘Heart of the Sun’; see www.pantaleimon.com)
3. Horse Heart (6:06) – Lüüp (Taken from the album ‘Meadow Rituals’; see www.luupband.com)
4. One Mile Below (3:01) – Siouxsie (Taken from the album ‘Mantaray’; see www.vamp.org/Siouxsie)
5. Titanium Girl (3:27) – The Humans (Taken from the album ‘Sugar Rush’; see toyahwillcox.com/thehumans/)
6. Terror of the Man (4:37) – Cate Le Bon (Taken from the album ‘Me Oh My’; see www.catelebon.com)
7. The Dark-Haired Girl (2:49) – Méav (Taken from the album ‘Silver Sea’; see www.meav.ie)
8. Grey Stone (4:14) – Emily Portman (Taken from the album ‘The Glamoury’; see www.emilyportman.co.uk)
9. Rad (3:58) – Faun (Taken from the album ‘Totem’; see www.faune.de)
10. Shoeing the Bones (3:39) – Cate Le Bon (Taken from the album ‘Me Oh My’; see www.catelebon.com)
As part of the feature, ‘The 80s Weren’t All Rubbish You Know!’ …
11. Dog Eat Dog (5:15) – Adam & the Ants (Taken from the album ‘Kings of the Wild Frontier’; see www.adam-ant.net)
12. I Lost Something in the Hills (3:28) – Sibylle Baier (Taken from the album ‘Colour Green’; see www.sibyllebaier.com)
13. Me Oh My (3:48) – Cate Le Bon (Taken from the album ‘Me Oh My’; see www.catelebon.com)
14. Biggy (5:55) – Warpaint (Taken from the album ‘Warpaint’; see warpaintwarpaint.com)
15. Artemis Rise (4:49) – Dali’s Car (Taken from the album ‘InGladAloneness’; see www.discogs.com/artist/59922-Dalis-Car)
16. Horses (3:15) – Cherbourg (Taken from the album ‘Last Chapter of Dreaming’; see myspace.com/cherbourgmusic)
17. Belle Dame Sans Merci (4:49) – Faun (Taken from the album ‘Buch der Balladen’; see www.faune.de)
18. Cup of Joy (Colin Potter Remix) (13:20) – Fovea Hex (Taken from the album ‘Here is Where We Used to Sing’ bonus EP ‘Three Beams’; see www.janetrecords.com)
Many thanks to Epileptic Gibbon for entrusting us with another guest slot. Please leave a comment if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!) or if you want to have your say on anything else connected to this podcast. If you want to keep up to date with news about this podcast, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join. Eppy will be back for the next episode.