This is the 119th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN. You can also listen via Mixcloud here. This is a packed show featuring lots and lots of music, including a preview of a couple of the acts appearing at EppyFest 3 in July. This show’s feature album is ‘Recurring Dreams’ by Europeans, plus there’s lots more interesting music to hear on this show. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks to where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours and 32 minutes. Downloaded file is 138.6 MB.
1. For Sleeping Angels (4:33) – Marvin B. Naylor (Single available to buy online via marvinbnaylormusic.bandcamp.com/track/for-sleeping-angels; see also marvinbnaylor.com/ & folkwit.com/artists/marvin-b-naylor)
2. Our Prayer (1:10) – The Beach Boys (Taken from the album ‘20/20’; see www.thebeachboys.com/)
3. Mirador (4:38) – North Atlantic Oscillation (Taken from the album ‘Fog Electric’; see www.naoband.com/fogelectric/, www.kscopemusic.com/northatlanticoscillation/, & en-gb.facebook.com/northatlanticoscillation)
4. Clay (4:32) – Sand (Taken from the album ‘Sand’; see www.sandtheband.com/ & www.kscopemusic.com/2013/10/28/sand-the-debut-album-from-new-project-by-sam-healy-north-atlantic-oscillation/)
As part of the feature, ‘The 80s Weren’t All Rubbish You Know!’ …
8. Frame and Glass (8:06) – Mike Kershaw (Taken from the forthcoming album ‘Ice age’; see mikekershaw.bandcamp.com/, www.kershmusic.com/home & www.facebook.com/pages/Mike-Kershaw/144511622309101)
12. I Like It, I’m Into It (4:08) – The Fierce And The Dead (Taken from the album ‘Spooky Action’; see www.fierceandthedead.com/, thefierceandthedead.bandcamp.com/ & www.facebook.com/fierceandthedead?fref=ts)
15. Cherries (2:00) – Jez Butler (Taken from the album ‘The Lighter Side Of Concrete’; see www.boum.co.uk/disques-boum/concrete-album/)
17. Heart on Fire (5:57) – Kimara Sajn (Taken from the album ‘Daybreak/Epigram’; see www.precognitiverecords.com/)
21. Bedlam Boys (5:37) – Magicfolk & Kim Thompsett (Single available to buy online via www.cdbaby.com/cd/magicfolk5 or itunes.apple.com/gb/album/bedlam-boys-single/id737278378; see also www.magicfolk.co.uk/ & www.facebook.com/pages/Magicfolk/21893330790)
23. Automatic Day (5:58) – Little Atlas (Taken from the album ‘Automatic Day’; see www.littleatlas.com/, 10trecords.com/artists/genres/progressive-experimental/little-atlas/discography/ & www.facebook.com/littleatlas?fref=ts)
24. Trepidation in Jewelry (7:12) – Fran Dagostino Band (Free download available from www.macjams.com/song/10171; see also frandagostino.com/. This track is played in tribute to Fran who recently passed away)
25. Apple Witch (4:06) – Regal Worm (Taken from the album ‘Use And Ornament’; see regalworm.bandcamp.com/, www.burningshed.com/store/progressive/product/99/5254/ & www.facebook.com/regalworm?fref=ts)
26. Morning Sentinel (2:32) – Regal Worm (Taken from the album ‘Use And Ornament’; see regalworm.bandcamp.com/, www.burningshed.com/store/progressive/product/99/5254/ & www.facebook.com/regalworm?fref=ts)
27. West Arm (4:45) – Idmonster (Taken from the album ‘Be more like water’; see pendle.virb.com/idmonster, knittedcat.co.uk/ & www.amazon.co.uk/Be-More-Like-Water-Idmonster/dp/B00FFNLDWG)
Many thanks to all listeners and musicians. Please leave a comment if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!) or if you want to have your say on anything else connected to this podcast. If you want to keep up to date with news about this podcast, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join. I will be back for the next episode when I’ll be starting my review of 2013 with the first part of a countdown of my favourite albums from last year. I hope to see you back for that.