This is the one-hundred-and-sixteenth edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN. You can also listen via Mixcloud here. This show is a guest slot introduced by Rebsie Fairholm and Daniel Staniforth of Alchymical Muse. The feature album is ‘Here is Where We Used to Sing’ by Fovea Hex, the ambient darkwave project of Irish singer and pianist Clodagh Simonds (best known for her work with Mellow Candle and Mike Oldfield). There’s also lots more new, old and unusual music. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks to where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 1 hour and 37 minutes. Downloaded file is 88.7 MB.
1. Night Before Mutiny (3:30) – Serafina Steer (Taken from the album ‘The Moths are Real’; see www.serafinasteer.com)
2. Empty Vessels (4:57) – Wolf People (Taken from the album ‘Fain’; see www.wolfpeople.co.uk)
3. Colony (4:18) – Espers (Taken from the album ‘Espers III’; see www.last.fm/music/Espers)
4. Stairs (4:22) – The Beauty of Gemina (Taken from the album ‘Iscariot Blues’; see www.thebeautyofgemina.com)
5. Play Another (4:23) – Fovea Hex (Taken from the album ‘Here is Where We Used to Sing’; see www.janetrecords.com)
6. Strings in the Earth and Air (3:12) – Robin Williamson (Taken from the album ‘Myrhh’; see www.pigswhiskermusic.co.uk)
7. Towards Silence (3:53) – Azam Ali & Loga Ramin Torkian (Taken from the album ‘Lamentations of Swan’; see www.azamalimusic.com)
8. Murdoch (5:10) – Trees (Taken from the album ‘On the Shore’; no website, but you can read about them on Wikipedia)
9. Hazel Steps (7:40) – In Gowan Ring (Taken from the album ‘Hazel Steps Through a Weathered Home’; see www.ingowanring.com)
10. Thick as Thieves (2:45) – Widowspeak (Taken from the album ‘Almanac’; see widowspeak.bandcamp.com)
As part of the feature, ‘The 80s Weren’t All Rubbish You Know!’ …
11. Shallow then Halo (5:15) – Cocteau Twins (Taken from the album ‘Garlands’; see www.cocteautwins.com)
12. Frustration (4:11) – Soft Cell (Taken from the album ‘Non-Stop Erotic Cabaret’; see www.marcalmond.co.uk)
13. Red and Green (2:40) – Tunng (Taken from the album ‘Comments of the Inner Chorus’; see www.tunng.co.uk)
14. Sweet Tooth (3:31) – Blue Hawaii (Taken from the album ‘Untogether’; see bluehawaii.bandcamp.com)
15. A Hymn to Sulphur (6:05) – Fovea Hex (Taken from the album ‘Here is Where We Used to Sing’; see www.janetrecords.com)
16. Burn Until the End (3:21) – Cate Le Bon (Taken from the album ‘Me Oh My’; see www.catelebon.com)
17. Interlude (4:04) – London Grammar (Taken from the album ‘If You Wait’; see www.londongrammar.com/home/us)
18. Here On In (3:28) – Rachel Zeffira (Taken from the album ‘The Deserters’; see fuckyeahrachelzeffira.tumblr.com)
19. Falling Things (Where Does a Girl Begin) (5:15) – Fovea Hex (Taken from the album ‘Here is Where We Used to Sing’; see www.janetrecords.com)
20. One Half (3:35) – Julianna Barwick (Taken from the album ‘Nepenthe’; see www.juliannabarwick.com)
Many thanks to Epileptic Gibbon for entrusting us with another guest slot. Please leave a comment if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!) or if you want to have your say on anything else connected to this podcast. If you want to keep up to date with news about this podcast, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join. Eppy will be back for the next episode.