This is the 113th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN. You can also listen via Mixcloud here. For this edition of the show we welcome back Count Eppy Gibbon, who will be your ghoulish host for this year’s Halloween special. There’s no feature album on this show but the Count will be featuring his ‘house band’ The Red Masque quite heavily, plus there will be the usual diverse mixture of tracks and styles, though the focus will definitely be on the spookier side. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks to where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 1 hour & 39 minutes. Downloaded file is 90.43 MB.
2. The Phantom Pendulum (3:05) – Sinfonia Electronique (Taken from the album ‘Music from the Big Machines’; see itunes.apple.com/gb/artist/sinfonia-electronique/id268111681, www.cdbaby.com/cd/sinfoniaelectro4 & www.facebook.com/pages/sinfonia-electronique/125595585930; this track was provided by Mevio’s Music Alley – see www.musicalley.com/)
3. Mister Hyde (6:05) – Symphony of Pain (Taken from the album ‘Hydeology’; see www.symphonyofpain.co.uk/, www.plastichead.com/catalogue.asp?ex=fitem&verb=F&target=LRCD001 & itunes.apple.com/us/artist/symphony-of-pain/id166454151)
6. I Spook The Language (4:23) – Stars In Battledress (Taken from the album ‘Secrets And Signals’; see starsinbattledress.bandcamp.com/, www.facebook.com/starsinbattledress & www.starsinbattledress.com/)
7. Carmilla (4:31) – Karda Estra (Taken from the album ‘The Age Of Science And Enlightenment’; see www.kardaestra.co.uk/, kardaestra.bandcamp.com/album/the-age-of-science-and-enlightenment & www.facebook.com/pages/Karda-Estra/67051130804)
8. Ghost Town (4:07) – The Adventures Of Leonid (Taken from the album ‘The Adventures of Leonid’; see www.cdbaby.com/cd/leonid & www.adventuresofleonid.com/; this track was provided by Mevio’s Music Alley – see www.musicalley.com/)
10. Spectres (6:11) – Mike Kershaw (Taken from the album ‘This Long Night’; see www.kershmusic.com/fr_home.cfm, mikekershaw.bandcamp.com/ & www.facebook.com/pages/Mike-Kershaw/144511622309101)
12. There was this shadow, the double (12:13) – TILT Creative Brass Band (Taken from the album ‘To TILT: Volume One – Original Music for TILT Brass’; see www.tiltbrass.org/, tiltbrass.bandcamp.com/ & www.facebook.com/pages/TILT-Brass/25863375669)
13. October (5:29) – Slumbering (Taken from the album ‘Dark Lullabies’; see slumbering.bandcamp.com/album/dark-lullabies, slumbering.mermaidsea.net/, www.youtube.com/user/slumbering/videos & www.facebook.com/slumbering)
Thanks, as always, to everyone involved with this show, musicians and listeners alike, and particularly to Count Eppy. Please leave a comment if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!) or if you want to have your say on anything else connected to this podcast. If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join. There will be another show in around two weeks when I’ll be joined by Mr Karda Estra himself, Richard Wileman, who will be choosing most of the music. I do hope you’ll come back for that.