This is the 111th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN. You can also listen via Mixcloud here. For this edition of the show I’m chatting with Mr Ed Wilkins, presenter of the An Hour of Prog radio show on Stroud FM. We’ll be chatting about and playing some of Ed’s favourite music, both classic and more recent, plus I’ll be playing tracks from some recent releases too. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks to where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours & 6 minutes. Downloaded file is 115.8 MB.
1. The Black Coast (4:38) – Thoby Loth (Taken from the album ‘Cauldron Of Life’; see thobyloth.com/, www.youtube.com/user/Thobyloth & www.facebook.com/pages/Thoby-Loth/15655599322?ref=ts)
2. Boxes (4:17) – French For Cartridge (Taken from the ‘Boxes/Piff Paff Pow’ single & the album ‘We Humans’; see frenchforcartridge.com/, www.youtube.com/user/frenchforcartridge?feature=watch, itunes.apple.com/gb/artist/french-for-cartridge/id320446439 & www.facebook.com/FrenchForCartridge)
3. 1801 (8:28) – Asaf Sirkis Trio (Taken from the album ‘Shepherd’s Stories’; see www.asafsirkis.co.uk/, www.cdbaby.com/Artist/AsafSirkis & itunes.apple.com/gb/artist/asaf-sirkis-trio/id379170257)
4. Mondo Profondo 1 (5:37) – Karda Estra (Taken from the album ‘Mondo Profondo’ & also available on a special edition 2-on-1 CD ‘Mondo Profondo/New Worlds’; see www.kardaestra.co.uk/, kardaestra.bandcamp.com/album/mondo-profondo-2, www.thegenepool.co.uk/items/1139.htm & www.facebook.com/pages/Karda-Estra/67051130804)
Interview with Ed Wilkins
6. L’Auberge Du Sanglier/A Hunting We Shall Go/Pengola/Backwards/A Hunting We Shall Go – Reprise (10:03) – Caravan (Taken from the album ‘For Girls Who Grow Plump In The Night’; see officialcaravan.co.uk/ & www.facebook.com/OfficialCaravan?fref=ts)
9. Happy (4:54) – Storm Corrosion (Taken from the album ‘Storm Corrosion’; see www.stormcorrosion.com/, www.facebook.com/pages/Storm-Corrosion/187831801312141 & www.roadrunnerrecords.co.uk/artist/storm+corrosion)
For more details about Ed’s ‘An Hour of Prog’ radio show on Stroud FM check out www.stroudfm.co.uk/on-air/19-presenters-shows/58-dprp-progressive-rock-and-metal-show.html
11. Slippery Dragon (3:21) – Those Men (Taken from ‘Half Time Orange’ EP; see www.junodownload.com/products/those-men-half-time-orange-ep/2246174-02/, www.zinggmusic.co.uk/those-men-half-time-orange/, soundcloud.com/thosemen & www.facebook.com/ThoseMen?fref=ts)
12. Take Me To The Future (short-wave radio edit) (5:51) – Paradise 9 (The full length version of this track is taken from the album ‘Take Me To The Future’; see www.paradise9.net/, itunes.apple.com/gb/album/take-me-to-the-future/id671748391 & www.facebook.com/pages/Paradise-9/73323509813)
13. Just Passin Thru – Secrets (11:37) – Andy Pickford (Taken from the newly re-mastered version of the album ‘Lughnasad’; see www.andypickfordmusic.com/, itunes.apple.com/gb/artist/andy-pickford/id275099344 & www.facebook.com/AndyPickfordMusic)
Thanks, as always, to everyone involved with this show, musicians and listeners alike, and particularly to Ed Wilkins for coming into the studio for the interview. Please leave a comment if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!) or if you want to have your say on anything else connected to this podcast. If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join. I hope to see you at the Summer’s End festival in October but either way I’ll be back with another show in around two weeks when I’ll be playing more new music and there’ll be another interview looking ahead to an exciting new release. I do hope you’ll come back for that.