This is the 110th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN. You can also listen via Mixcloud here. For this edition of the show I’m chatting with Mr Stephen Lambe, one of the organisers of the Summer’s End festival. We’ll be chatting about and playing tracks from many of the bands on the bill this year, plus I’ll be putting some bands onto Mr Lambe’s radar for possible inclusion on a future Summer’s End. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks to where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours & 21 minutes. Downloaded file is 129.55 MB.
2. Large groups of men (4:28) – Schnauser (Taken from the forthcoming new album ‘Where Business Meets Fashion’; see www.schnauser.co.uk/, schnauser.bandcamp.com/ & www.facebook.com/SchnauserMusic?fref=ts)
Interview with Summer’s End festival organiser Stephen Lambe
5. Boy (9:22) – Unto Us (This is currently the only complete recorded track available by the band but it’s not currently available to buy. It is available, however, to download via soundcloud.com/leopoldbluesky – hopefully the debut album by Unto Us will be available to buy at this year’s Summer’s End festival in October)
7. When the leaves fall down (4:57) – Sylvan (Taken from the album ‘Presets’; see www.sylvan.de/language_selection/choose_your_language.html, www.facebook.com/sylvan.de & www.lastfm.de/music/Sylvan)
9. On Camber Sands (5:11) – Gordon Giltrap (Taken from the album ‘Troubador’; see www.giltrap.co.uk/, www.esotericrecordings.com/giltrapwakeman.html & www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/2b62cc78-fb8a-40ce-a4b1-0a2830576dae)
10. Direct (6:57) – Thumpermonkey (Taken from the album ‘Sleep Furiously’; see thumpermonkey.com/, thumpermonkey.bandcamp.com/ & www.facebook.com/pages/Thumpermonkey/18593072451?fref=ts)
11. Starship Trooper: (a) Life Seeker (b) Disillusion (c) Wurm (9:26) – Yes (Taken from ‘The Yes Album’; see yesworld.com/; for Fragile, the Yes tribute band who will be appearing at Summer’s End, see www.yestribute.com/)
12. Hocus Pocus (6:41) – Focus (Taken from the album ‘Focus II’; see www.focustheband.com/index2.htm & www.facebook.com/pages/Focus-the-band/197272485986)
For more details about the Summer’s End Festival check out summersend.co.uk/
For more details about the Classic Rock Society check out www.classicrocksociety.co.uk/
Thanks, as always, to everyone involved with this show, musicians and listeners alike, and particularly to Stephen Lambe for coming into the studio for his annual visit. Please leave a comment if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!) or if you want to have your say on anything else connected to this podcast. If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join. I hope to see you at the Summer’s End festival in October but either way I’ll be back with another show in around two weeks when I’ll be playing some new music and chatting to another guest who’ll be choosing some of the music on the playlist. I do hope you’ll come back for that.