This is the 104th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN. You can also listen via Mixcloud here. This edition of the show represents the first of my rather delayed ‘Best of 2012’ shows. There’s no feature album this time around, just lots of great music from the UK, the US, Japan & beyond. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks to where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 1 hour & 34 minutes. Downloaded file is 86 MB.
1. Nothing Left (5:16) – Lisa Cuthbert (featuring Otan Vargas) (Single available from itunes.apple.com/my/artist/lisa-cuthbert/id472413304; see lisacuthbert.com/ & www.facebook.com/lcuthbertmusic?fref=ts)
2. pole pole (1:51) – Netherland Dwarf (Taken from the EP ‘May the Piper’ which is available as a legal and free download via totokokolabel.com/releases_030 or netherlanddwarf.bandcamp.com/; see also itunes.apple.com/us/album/moi-moi/id443135278 & www.facebook.com/netherlanddwarf)
5. In A Foreign Way (5:21) – Knifeworld (Taken from the ‘Clairvoyant Fortnight’ EP; see www.knifeworld.co.uk/, www.facebook.com/knifeworld, knifeworld.bandcamp.com/track/clairvoyant-fortnight-2 & www.thegenepool.co.uk/artists/KNIFEWORLD.htm)
9. Passionate Weekend (5:39) – Doris Brendel & Lee Dunham (Taken from the album ‘Not Utopia’; see www.dorisbrendel.com/, dorisbrendel.bandcamp.com/album/not-utopia, & www.facebook.com/doris.brendel?fref=ts)
11. A Cat With Seven Souls (5:50) – Steve Hogarth & Richard Barbieri (Taken from the album ‘Not The Weapon But The Hand’; see www.kscopemusic.com/hogarthbarbieri/nottheweaponbutthehand/, www.stevehogarth.com/, www.richardbarbieri.net/ & www.facebook.com/HogarthBarbieri?fref=ts)
12. No More Monkey Business (4:04) – Elf Project (Taken from the album ‘The Great Divide’; see 10trecords.com/artists/genres/progressive-experimental/elf-project/ & 10trecords.com/store/)
13. Moody Bible (3:31) – Nicole Miglis (Taken from her self-titled EP; the EP was available via Bandcamp but doesn’t appear to be currently so for more information try soundcloud.com/nicole-miglis, www.hundred-waters.com/ & www.facebook.com/100waters)
14. Broken Light (7:20) – Rhys Marsh And The Autumn Ghost (Taken from the album ‘The Blue Hour’; see rhysmarsh.com/, www.burningshed.com/store/rhysmarsh/collection/297/ & www.facebook.com/rhysmarshmusic)
Many thanks to everyone involved with this show, musicians and listeners alike. Please leave a comment if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!) or if you want to have your say on anything else connected to this podcast. If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join. The next show will be part two (of four) of my review of 2012, so I hope you’ll come back for that.