This is the 103rd edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN. You can also be able listen via Mixcloud here. This edition of the show represents the normal mixture of new and old music, before the next show when I start my ‘Best of 2012’ shows. We have a wonderful feature album this time around – Tony Patterson’s brilliant album ‘Ra’ from 2006, plus lots of great music from the UK, the US, Sweden & Australia. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks to where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours & 21 minutes. Downloaded file is 129.22 MB.
1. Into The Sun (6:17) – Mike Kershaw (Taken from the album ‘This Long Night’; see www.kershmusic.com/fr_home.cfm & www.facebook.com/pages/Mike-Kershaw/144511622309101)
Don’t forget you can see both She Makes War & Schnauser at EppyFest 2 on July 6th – see epilepticgibbon.wordpress.com/eppyfest/ for more details.
4. Ode To Santana (6:11) – Process Seven (Taken from the album, ‘Fusion Illusion’; see i98235.wix.com/process-seven, itunes.apple.com/album/fusion-illusion/id584003575?v0=9988&ign-mpt=uo=1 & www.amazon.co.uk/Fusion-Illusion/dp/B00AIHPY2Y)
As part of the feature, ‘The 80s Weren’t All Rubbish You Know!’ …
5. Hide And Seek (5:39) – Howard Jones (Taken from the album ‘Human’s Lib’; see www.howardjones.com/ & www.facebook.com/pages/Howard-Jones-Official/111460981993)
7. Ascend and Descend (3:49) – Death And Vanilla (This track is available as a free download from deathandvanilla.bandcamp.com/album/ascend-and-descend; see also deathandvanilla.bandcamp.com/, www.facebook.com/pages/Death-And-Vanilla/114660564210?fref=ts & soundcloud.com/death-and-vanilla)
8. The Beast (3:42) – Paul Mosley (Taken from the album ‘A Chattering of Birds’; see www.paulmosley.com/, www.facebook.com/paulmosleysongs?fref=ts, paulmosley.greedbag.com/ & folkwit.com/artists/paul-mosley)
9. Gold Dust Woman (4:04) – Julia Holter (Taken from the album ‘Rumours Revisited’; see www.mojo4music.com/blog/, juliashammasholter.com/, www.facebook.com/pages/Julia-Holter/153196178042232 & also www.fleetwoodmac.com/)
11. The Permanent Way (8:30) – Big Big Train (Taken from the album ‘A English Electric, Part Two’; see www.bigbigtrain.com/, bigbigtrain.bandcamp.com/album/english-electric-part-two-cd-quality-audio & www.facebook.com/pages/Big-Big-Train/203751903023821)
14. No Mystery Riffs (6:22) – Process Seven (Taken from the album, ‘Fusion Illusion’; see i98235.wix.com/process-seven, itunes.apple.com/album/fusion-illusion/id584003575?v0=9988&ign-mpt=uo=1 & www.amazon.co.uk/Fusion-Illusion/dp/B00AIHPY2Y)
15. Native Metal (4:58) – Virgil Donati (Taken from the album ‘On The Virg: Serious Young Insects’; see www.virgildonati.com/)
16. Three Rows of Teeth (5:17) – Tom Slatter (Taken from the album ‘Three Rows of Teeth’; see www.tomslatter.co.uk/, tomslatter.bandcamp.com/album/three-rows-of-teeth & www.facebook.com/tomslattermusic)
18. I Am A Summer Night (8:57) – Marvin B. Naylor (Taken from the three-track single ‘Little Bell’ which you can purchase via marvinbnaylormusic.bandcamp.com/album/little-bell; see also marvinbnaylor.com/, marvinbnaylormusic.bandcamp.com/ & folkwit.com/artists/marvin-b-naylor)
Many thanks to everyone involved with this show, musicians and listeners alike. Please leave a comment if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!) or if you want to have your say on anything else connected to this podcast. If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join. The next show will be part one (of four) of my review of 2012, so I hope you’ll come back for that.