This is the 102nd edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN. You can also listen via Mixcloud here. This edition of the show represents a mixture of a prelude to my forthcoming ‘Best of 2012’ shows, a look at a few of 2013’s new releases, and some bits & bobs that are here because, well, just because really. There’s no feature album this time around, just lots of great music from the UK, the US & Italy. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks to where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours & 15 minutes. Downloaded file is 124. 06 MB.
1. Beltaine (Calan Mai) (3:36) – Magicfolk (A 2012 single release which can be downloaded via www.magicfolk.co.uk/audio.htm; see also www.magicfolk.co.uk/ & www.facebook.com/pages/Magicfolk/21893330790?fref=ts)
2. Banks Of The Nile (7:33) – Bryony Holden (Taken from the album ‘Across The Purple Sky’; see itunes.apple.com/gb/album/across-the-purple-sky/id638770109/ & www.facebook.com/Tinkerscussmusic?fref=ts)
As part of the feature, ‘The 80s Weren’t All Rubbish You Know!’ …
3. The Women Were Watching (4:22) – Anthony Phillips (Originally taken from the album ‘Invisible Men’ but I took it from the excellent compilation ‘Anthology’; see www.anthonyphillips.co.uk/ & www.facebook.com/AnthonyPhillipsOfficial)
4. Sunny (2:41) – Jim Noir (Taken from the ‘Noir Club Sampler’, which is available via www.jimnoir.com/noirclubsplash/; see also www.facebook.com/JimNoirOfficial?fref=ts & soundcloud.com/jim-noir-random-electrics)
7. Tre Prezzi Brevi: (i) Flutter, (ii) In Mezzo, (iii) Snappy (7:46) – Breznev Fun Club (Taken from the album ‘L’onda Vertebrata : Lost + Found Vol.1’; see production.altrock.it/prod2.asp?lang=ita_&id=99&id2=139 & www.facebook.com/pages/Breznev-Fun-Club/122126211199607?fref=ts)
8. Fiery Gun Hand (a cappella) (5:12) – David Minnick/The 180Gs (This is a cover of the song from the Cardiacs album, ‘Sing to God’ & can be downloaded via soundcloud.com/david-minnick; see also www.cardiacs.com/)
11. The Hunter (3:27) – Earth Size Diamonds (Taken from the album ‘In A Shrinking Forest’; see earthsizediamonds.bandcamp.com/album/in-a-shrinking-forest & www.facebook.com/EarthSizeDiamonds?ref=ts&fref=ts)
12. Out There (6:00) – Flicker (Taken from the album ‘How Much Are You Willing To Forget?’; see flicker-band.bandcamp.com/, itunes.apple.com/us/album/how-much-are-you-willing-to/id545480340 & www.facebook.com/Flickersound?ref=ts)
14. Someonehastakenmyshoesandtheyputtheminhell (1:58) – David Minnick/The 180Gs (Available to download via soundcloud.com/david-minnick/someonehastakenmyshoesandtheyp?in=david-minnick/sets/other-stuff)
16. Passengers (4:28) – Shineback (Taken from the album ‘Rise Up Forgotten, Return Destroyed’ – you can download this track (& name your own price) from badelephant.bandcamp.com/album/passengers; see also www.shineback.org/, www.badelephant.co.uk/?page_id=2 & www.facebook.com/pages/Shineback/527980740573933)
19. Monster (3:11) – Caution Elephant (This single is available to buy via m-s-b.bandcamp.com/track/monster & itunes.apple.com/gb/album/monster-single/id523123453?ign-mpt=uo%3D4; the band have apparently now split up but see www.facebook.com/cautionelephant for more details)
20. Famous Diplodocus (3:02) – Project Adorno (Taken from the album ‘Shine Bright On Thursdays’; see www.projectadorno.net/)
23. We Humans (4:09) – French For Cartridge (This single is available to purchase via itunes.apple.com/gb/album/we-humans-single/id635896306 & is taken from the forthcoming album ‘We Humans’ which you can pre-order via frenchforcartridge.bigcartel.com/product/preorder-new-album-we-humans; see also frenchforcartridge.com/, www.youtube.com/frenchforcartridge & www.facebook.com/FrenchForCartridge)
Many thanks to everyone involved with this show, musicians and listeners alike. Please leave a comment if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!) or if you want to have your say on anything else connected to this podcast. If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join. The next show is already sounding very interesting based on the provisional playlist, so I hope you’ll come back for that.