This is the 96th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN. You can also listen via Mixcloud here. This is a special edition of the show focusing on an interview with Steve Roberts of the band Godsticks, largely to celebrate the release of the brand new album by the band, ‘The Envisage Conundrum’, which is pretty much the feature album for this show. You’ll also hear tracks off new albums by Sanguine Hum, Symphony of Pain & Shadow Circus, plus some tracks chosen by our guest. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks to where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours and 14 minutes. Downloaded file is 122.97 MB.
1. Lonely (5:51) – Symphony of Pain (Taken from the album ‘Hydeology’; see www.symphonyofpain.co.uk/ & itunes.apple.com/us/artist/symphony-of-pain/id166454151)
2. Phosphor (3:04) – Sanguine Hum (Taken from the forthcoming album ‘The Weight Of The World’ ; pre-order now via www.cherryred.co.uk/esoteric-exd.asp?id=4053; see also troopersforsound.com/catalogue/the-weight-of-the-world/ & www.facebook.com/pages/Sanguine-Hum/148914338483750)
Interview with Steve Roberts of Godsticks.
6. Buciumeana (1:52) – Zagreb Soloists (Taken from the album ‘Rumanian Folk Dances/Divertimento for String Orchestra; Scherzo, Op. 2 /Chamber Symphony, Op.110a’; see www.zg-solisti.hr/ & www.boosey.com/composer/b%C3%A9la+bart%C3%B3k)
7. The Barbarian (4:32) – Emerson, Lake & Palmer (Taken from the album ‘Emerson, Lake & Palmer’; see www.emersonlakepalmer.com/)
10. Disclosure (3:49) – Godsticks (Taken from the album, ‘The Envisage Conundrum’; see godsticks.co.uk/fr_home.cfm & www.facebook.com/pages/GODSTICKS/67381648840; for more of Steve’s solo piano pieces see www.reverbnation.com/steverobertsdrummerkeyboardist)
11. Out of the Haze (5:31) – Virgil Donati (Taken from the album ‘On The Virg: Serious Young Insects’; see www.virgildonati.com/)
13. She Haunts Me (6:32) – Ergo (Taken from the ‘Cuneiform at The Stone Sampler’, which can be downloaded for free via cuneiformrecords.bandcamp.com/album/cuneiform-at-the-stone-sampler; see also www.ergoisaband.com/, www.cuneiformrecords.com/bandshtml/ergo.html & www.cuneiformrecords.com/festival/2011/nyc/)
14. Whosit, Whatsit & Which (6:34) – Shadow Circus (Taken from the album ‘On A Dark And Stormy Night’; see www.shadowcircusmusic.com/ & 10trecords.com/shadow-circus-release-on-a-dark-and-stormy-night/)
Many thanks to Steve for coming in to do the interview and choosing some great music. Please leave a comment if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!) or if you want to have your say on anything else connected to this podcast. If you want to keep up to date with news about this podcast, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join. The next show will include a preview of EppyFest so I hope you’ll come back for that.