This is the 90th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN. This particular show is another interview special, and this time we’re speaking with Richard Wileman, founder and main man behind UK outfit Karda Estra, who chose most of the music you’ll be hearing. There’s no feature album as such this time around but there is a bit of a John Barry theme to the show. You’ll hear a broad range of music, mostly Richard’s selections plus a few tracks chosen by me. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks to where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours and 36 minutes. Downloaded file is 142.5 MB.
2. On Her Majesty’s Secret Service (9:24) – Propellerheads and David Arnold (Taken from the album ‘Shaken and Stirred: The David Arnold James Bond Project’; see www.davidarnold.com/)
4. AYU (As Yet Untitled) (4:06) – Matt Baber (Not currently available to buy but may appear on an album at some point; see troopersforsound.com/)
5. ‘Til I Die [Alternative Mix] (4:59) – The Beach Boys (Taken from the album ‘Endless Harmony Soundtrack’; see www.beachboysband.net/)
6. Alien Science (2:56) – Earth Size Diamonds (Taken from the album ‘Alien Science’; see earthsizediamonds.bandcamp.com/album/alien-science)
8. Main Title (3:39) – Leonard Rosenman (Taken from the album ‘Beneath the Planet of the Apes – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack’; see www.last.fm/music/Leonard+Rosenman)
9. Gladiator (7:46) – Syd Dale Orchestra, Syd Dale & Keith Mansfield (Taken from the album ‘Night Bird’; see itunes.apple.com/gb/album/night-bird-amps-123/id381040868 & www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/2a41f475-11b2-4ed2-9e9c-281e87296567)
10. Doll House (4:17) – Terraformation (Taken from the album ‘Gardens Under Ground’; see terraformation.bandcamp.com/album/gardens-under-ground)
11. Only Had A Heart (6:04) – Kimara Sajn (Taken from the album ‘Moment/Festival’; see www.precognitiverecords.com/)
12. To Jean (3:10) – Berto Pisano (Taken from the album ‘Easy Tempo, Vol. 8: Cinematic Different Musical Horizons’; see www.discogs.com/artist/Berto+Pisano)
13. We Are Sane (12:04) – Twelfth Night (Taken from the album ‘Live and Let Live’; see www.twelfthnight.info/ – the band have recently made this album available in a Definitive Edition 2CD version with a 24-page booklet and new sleevenotes)
14. Prologue (2:20) – Stanley Myers (Taken from the album ‘The Martian Chronicles (Motion Picture Soundtrack)’; see www.imdb.com/name/nm0004368/ & itunes.apple.com/gb/album/martian-chronicles-motion/id285140211)
15. Pike Bubbles (3:04) – The Cardigans (Taken from the CD single ‘Rise & Shine’; see www.cardigans.com/?sid=default&bfs=1 & www.facebook.com/pages/Cardigans/12070995427?rf=103133589727277)
16. Main Title (4:15) – John Barry (Taken from the soundtrack album ‘The Ipcress File’; see www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/661e20c8-3d82-4da2-94a2-97d9e11691c0 & www.johnbarry.org.uk/)
17. Coast of Nebraska (6:34) – Sanguine Hum (Taken from the album ‘Live In America’; see troopersforsound.com/catalogue/sanguine-hum-live-in-america/, sanguinehum.bandcamp.com/, & www.facebook.com/pages/Sanguine-Hum/148914338483750)
Many thanks to Richard for coming over to do the interview.Please leave a comment if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!) or if you want to have your say on anything else connected to this podcast. If you want to keep up to date with news about this podcast or chat with other listeners don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join. For the next show, episode 91, we’ll be having another of our long track specials so I hope you’ll come back for that.