This is the 85th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN. This show previews this year’s Summer’s End Festival, taking place in Lydney, Gloucestershire, on the dates of September 28th, 29th and 30th. As per usual I’ll be interviewing Mr Stephen Lambe, one the festival’s organisers, and as well as talking about the festival and all things prog they’ll be tracks from bands appearing this year plus a few bands and artists I’m hoping Stephen might consider for future years. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks to where you can find more information about each artist and the festival.
Total running time: 2 hours and 46 minutes. Downloaded file is 152.5 MB.
2. Nord (4:22) – The Feral Text (Taken from a bunch of demos (which you can listen to via theferaltext.bandcamp.com/album/demos) for the band’s forthcoming album; see also theferaltext.bandcamp.com/ & www.facebook.com/pages/The-Feral-Text/192187364145396)
5. The University Is A Factory (7:28) – Rumour Cubes (Taken from the EP ‘We Have Sound Houses Also’ & the new album ‘The Narrow State’; see rumourcubes.bandcamp.com/, soundcloud.com/rumourcubes & www.facebook.com/rumourcubes)
Interview with Mr Stephen Lambe
6. Needles in my Brain (5:21) – Believe (Taken from the album ‘Hope to see another day’; see www.believe.com.pl/?lang=en & www.metalmind.com.pl/index.php?dzial=artysci&id=422)
8. Boy (9:22) –Unto Us (This is currently the only complete recorded track available by the band but it’s not currently available to buy. It is available, however, to download via soundcloud.com/leopoldbluesky)
9. In A Foreign Way (5:21) – Knifeworld (Taken from the EP ‘Clairvoyant Fortnight’; see www.knifeworld.co.uk/, www.facebook.com/knifeworld, knifeworld.bandcamp.com/track/clairvoyant-fortnight-2 & www.thegenepool.co.uk/artists/KNIFEWORLD.htm)
11. Margaret Montgomery (4:50) – Manning (Taken from the forthcoming album ‘Akoustik’ (out 1st October); see www.guymanning.com/2009site/index.html & www.facebook.com/pages/Manning/94585880406?ref=ts)
For more details about this year’s Summer’s End festival and how you can buy tickets go to www.summersend.co.uk/
14. Toxcatl (4:43) – Thumpermonkey (Taken from the forthcoming album ‘Sleep Furiously’ (out 31st October); see thumpermonkey.com/, www.thegenepool.co.uk/labels/Believers+Roast.htm, thumpermonkey.bandcamp.com/, & www.facebook.com/pages/Thumpermonkey/18593072451)
Thanks to all the musicians for producing such brilliant music, thanks to Stephen for coming in to do the interview, and thanks to all you listeners too – I hope to see lots of you at this year’s Summer’s End festival. Please leave a comment if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!) or if you want to have your say on anything connected to this podcast. Hopefully there will be lots of shows coming up between now and the end of the year, including more from Daniel & Rebsie, & more interviews and special guests.