This is the 84th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN. This show represents part 4 of my ‘best of 2011′ shows, specifically counting down my favourite twenty releases (albums and EPs) from last year. There is no feature album this time but there will be lots of great music from 2011. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks to where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours and 36 minutes. Downloaded file is 142.7 MB.
2. Till Death (4:27) – Marvin B. Naylor (Taken from the album ‘The Stargazer’s Symphonium’; see folkwit.com/artists/marvin-b-naylor, marvinbnaylormusic.bandcamp.com/, & folkwitrecords.bandcamp.com/album/the-stargazers-symphonium)
4. Ultima Thule (7:15) – Jack O’ The Clock (Taken from the album ‘How Are We Doing And Who Will Tell Us?’; see jackotheclock.com/Jack_O_The_Clock.html, jackotheclock.bandcamp.com/ & www.facebook.com/pages/Jack-O-The-Clock/101083079955156)
6. Sleeping Conniptions (3:40) – Sharks Took The Rest (Taken from the EP ‘Grounds for Hearts to Swell’; see www.sharkstooktherest.com/, sharkstooktherest.bandcamp.com/ & www.facebook.com/sharkstooktherest)
7. Raining Dirt (4:46) – Earth Size Diamonds (Taken from the album ‘In A Shrinking Forest’; see earthsizediamonds.bandcamp.com/album/in-a-shrinking-forest)
10. Advanced Tree Surgery (5:28) – Ochre (Taken from the album ‘Early Learning’; see ochremusic.com/2011/08/01/early-learning-now-available-for-download/, ochre.bandcamp.com/album/early-learning & www.facebook.com/ochremusic)
16. White Horses At Sea // Utopian Daydream (8:56) – Amplifier (Taken from the album ‘The Octopus’; see www.amplifiertheband.com/news.php, amplifier.bandcamp.com/album/the-octopus-2 & www.facebook.com/amplifierband)
19. Super Altar (2:54) – William D Drake (Taken from the album ‘The Rising of the Lights’; williamddrake.wordpress.com/ & williamddrake.bandcamp.com/album/the-rising-of-the-lights)
20. Ant Trees (1:56) – William D Drake (Taken from the album ‘The Rising of the Lights’; williamddrake.wordpress.com/ & williamddrake.bandcamp.com/album/the-rising-of-the-lights)
Thanks to all the musicians for producing such brilliant music and thanks to all you listeners too – I hope you enjoyed this top 20 countdown of some of 2011’s finest releases. Please leave a comment if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!) or if you want to have your say on my best of 2011 choices, or anything else connected to this podcast. Hopefully there will be lots of shows coming up between now and the end of the year, including more from Daniel & Rebsie, a Summer’s End Festival preview, some interviews, and I may even catch up with all those 2012 new releases at some point (you never know!).