This is the 78th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show & the playlist to accompany it. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN. Apologies this is not part 2 of my ‘best of 2011’ shows (coming soon, I promise) but with time pressing I have decided to preview EppyFest, the very first live music event put on in association with this podcast. This mini-festival will take place on June 23rd, 2012 at Lansdown Hall, Stroud, and on this show you’ll be hearing tracks from all the artists appearing on the bill, from the poppy psych folk of Candythief, to the loop guitar wizardry of Matt Stevens, and the neo-classical art rock of William D Drake & his band who will be headlining the event. There will also be a feature album – appropriately you’ll be hearing three tracks from the 2010 album ‘Ghost’ by the aforementioned Matt Stevens. In addition you’ll hear tracks from some exciting new releases & another track in the new feature for the show, ‘The 80s Weren’t All Rubbish You Know!’. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks to where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 1 hour and 37 minutes. Downloaded file is 88.9 MB.
3. Can (3:51) – The GasMan (One of two exclusive download tracks available when you purchase the new GasMan album ‘Hiding Place’ via www.thegenepool.co.uk/items/854.htm; see also www.gasmanmusic.com/hidingplace.html)
4. Casablanco (Slo-Mo Mix) (6:51) – Andy Pickford (Taken from the new ‘EP#02 : Casablanco’, which you can buy via www.andypickfordmusic.com/ep02__casablanco/; see also www.facebook.com/AndyPickfordMusic)
As part of the new feature, ‘The 80s Weren’t All Rubbish You Know!’ …
If you have suggestions for this new feature then do let me know.
10. The Happy Garden (2:45) – Mr. and Mrs. Muffins (Taken from the album ‘The Raindrop Dance and Other Songs About Love’; see folkwit.com/artists/mr-mrs-muffins, mrandmrsmuffins.bandcamp.com/album/the-raindrop-dance-and-other-songs-about-love, & www.facebook.com/pages/Mr-and-Mrs-Muffins/115128943806)
12. Wholly Holey (2:41) – William D Drake (Taken from the album ‘The Rising of the Lights’; see williamddrake.wordpress.com/ & williamddrake.bandcamp.com/album/the-rising-of-the-lights)
13. Nothing Left (5:16) – Lisa Cuthbert (This is a single release available from iTunes, Amazon & www.cdbaby.com/cd/lisacuthbert; see also lisacuthbert.webs.com/ & www.facebook.com/pages/Lisa-Cuthbert/146181802097047)
15. Me Fish Bring (6:38) – William D Drake (Taken from the album ‘The Rising of the Lights’; see williamddrake.wordpress.com/ & williamddrake.bandcamp.com/album/the-rising-of-the-lights)
Don’t forget that EppyFest takes place on June 23rd at The Lansdown Hall (lansdownhall.org/) in Stroud, Gloucestershire with doors opening at 7pm. Tickets cost just £10 and are available in advance now from Kanes Records in Stroud – phone/credit card bookings are subject to a £1 booking fee.
17. Terra Firma (6:36) – Kimara Sajn (Taken from the EP ‘Ghosts At The Feast’; see www.precognitiverecords.com/)
Thanks to all the musicians for producing such brilliant music and thanks to all you listeners too. Please leave a comment if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). Please get your tickets for Eppyfest – there should be a few tickets available on the door on June 23rd but you’re recommended to buy in advance just in case. This is a great chance to support some brilliant independent live music and I hope to see lots of you there. The next show should be a return to my ‘best of 2011’ specials, though there’s also the possibility a new show from guest presenters Daniel & Rebsie before then…