This is the 77th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN. Thanks to Daniel & Rebsie who did such a wonderful job with the last show – hopefully they’ll be back again soon. I wanted to take a short break from my ‘best of 2011’ shows (again, back very soon) to focus instead on some new things that have come out this year, or that have at least recently come to my attention. I also thought it would be nice to have a feature album again so you’ll be hearing three tracks from the self-titled 2007 debut album by the band Magicfolk who mix together folk, pagan traditions and progressive rock with wonderful results. In addition you’ll hear interesting and wonderful music from assorted different genres. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks to where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 1 hour and 43 minutes. Downloaded file is 94.4 MB.
1. Lucky Soldier (3:41) – Vinyl Jacket (This track is available as a free download from Bandcamp – thecalicoprint.bandcamp.com/track/lucky-soldier; see also vinyljacket.co.uk/, thecalicoprint.bandcamp.com/album/red-light & www.facebook.com/vinyljacket)
3. Cottonwood Canyon Road (4:02) – Matt Lebofsky (Taken from a collection of songs recorded as part of a session late last year – you can download this song for free via www.lebofsky.com/?c=ics; see also www.lebofsky.com/ & mattlebofsky.bandcamp.com/)
4. Exit Strategy (4:15) – She Makes War (Taken from the album ‘Little Battles’; you can buy the album via shemakeswar.bandcamp.com/album/little-battles & see also www.shemakeswar.com/, shemakeswar.bandcamp.com/ & www.facebook.com/SheMakesWar)
New feature for the show, ‘The 80s Weren’t All Rubbish You Know!’ & we kick off with…
If you have suggestions for this new feature then do let me know.
10. World to Come (3:27) – Metamusic (Taken from the EP, ‘World to Come’; see www.superstardestroyer.co.uk/metamusic/, www.facebook.com/metamizzle & superstardestroyer.bandcamp.com/album/world-to-come)
13. Firebird (3:05) – White Noise (Taken from the album ‘An Electric Storm’; see itunes.apple.com/gb/album/an-electric-storm/id259620055 & see this review of the album by Julian Cope: www.headheritage.co.uk/unsung/review/1143)
14. Fire and Brimstone (2:19) – Stealing Sheep (I’m not actually sure where this is taken from but their debut EP for Heavenly Recordings is available via the link below; see www.stealingsheep.co.uk/Site/HOME.html, heavenlyrecordings.com/records/2011/10/hvnlp91-stealing-sheep-noah-and-the-paper-moon-e-p/ & www.facebook.com/stealingsheepuk)
17. Storm Coming On (5:16) – Lisa Cuthbert (Taken from the album ‘Obstacles’; see lisacuthbert.webs.com/ & www.facebook.com/pages/Lisa-Cuthbert/146181802097047)
Thanks to all the musicians for producing such brilliant music and thanks to all you listeners too. Please leave a comment if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). I’m hoping that the next show will be the second of my ‘best of 2011’ shows. And don’t forget, June 23rd, 2012 at Lansdown Hall, Stroud, it’s Eppyfest – www.facebook.com/events/378659998822511/