This is the 74th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN. This show represents part 1 of my ‘best of 2011’ shows, focusing on some great tracks, albums, EPs & festivals from last year. There is no feature album this time, to allow for a diverse selection of tracks and artists from around the world and covering various different genres from 2011. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks to where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 1 hour and 55 minutes. Downloaded file is 105.4 MB.
1. No More Than We Deserve (5:08) – Sanguine Hum (Taken from the album ‘Diving Bell’; see troopersforsound.com/category/sanguine-hum/, www.facebook.com/pages/Sanguine-Hum/148914338483750, sanguinehum.bandcamp.com/ & rosfest.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=125&Itemid=130)
5. The Riddle Of Anything (4:34) – Nerve Toy Trio (Taken from the ‘The Hard Cell’ EP; see www.facebook.com/nervetoytrio & www.burningshed.com/store/progressive/product/99/2862/)
For details about the postponement of this year’s Electric Garden Festival go to www.electricgardenfestival.com/ and for more details about the forthcoming Progmeister 2 Festival go to progmeister.com/
7. God, Down a Coal Mine (3:56) – Tomahawks For Targets (Originally taken from the ‘The Total Collapse’ EP & also available on the forthcoming ‘Invasion on a Budget’ album, which you can pre-order at audioexcess.bandcamp.com/album/invasion-on-a-budget; see also www.facebook.com/tomahawksfortargets?sk=wall)
9. The Black Forest (11:08) – Agents of Mercy (Taken from the album, ‘The Black Forest’; see www.flowerkings.se/discography.php?p=aom-blackforest, www.agentsofmercy.com/ & www.cdbaby.com/cd/agentsofmercy3)
10. Dear Lord, No Deal (2:16) – Knifeworld (Taken from the EP ‘Dear Lord, No Deal’; see www.knifeworld.co.uk/, www.facebook.com/knifeworld, knifeworld.bandcamp.com/album/dear-lord-no-deal-ep & www.thegenepool.co.uk/artists/KNIFEWORLD.htm)
12. Grand National (3:58) – Letters (Taken from the double A-side single, ‘Grand National/Pipe Dreams’ which can be downloaded for free via the band’s website; see www.wewriteletters.co.uk/ (you’ll need to scroll down to the bottom of the page to download the single) & www.facebook.com/pages/We-Write-Letters/137294089660482?v=info)
Thanks to all the musicians for producing such brilliant music and thanks to all you listeners too. Please leave a comment if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). I will be back for the next episode, looking ahead to the Progmeister 2 festival and there will be an interview with the organiser and tracks from the acts playing, and then not long after that will be the second and third of my ‘best of 2011’ shows.