This is the 66th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN. This show is part two of my extremely delayed ‘best of 2010′ shows, featuring some of the best tracks of last year. There is no feature album this time because of the nature of the show, but there will be the usual diverse selection of tracks and artists from around the world. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks to where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 1 hour and 40 minutes. Downloaded file is 92 MB.
2. Two (3:01) – Tom Slatter (Taken from the album ‘Spinning the Compass’; see http://tomslatter.bandcamp.com/album/spinning-the-compass, www.tomslatter.co.uk/ & www.reverbnation.com/tomslatter)
3. The Hanging Head Man (4:14) – Those Men (Taken from the double album ‘Theman Simpulse’; see thosemen.co.uk/, http://theman-simpulse-by-those-men.soundawesome.com/, http://soundcloud.com/theman-simpulse & www.zingg.co.uk/)
4. Colouring Pigeons (11:01) – The Knife in collaboration with Mt. Sims & Planningtorock (Taken from the album ‘Tomorrow In a Year’; see theknife.net/, www.rabidrecords.com/tomorrowinayear/, & www.myspace.com/theknife)
16. Bell Of The Earth (3:17) –From.uz (Taken from the album ‘Seventh Story’; see www.fromuzband.com/, www.myspace.com/thefromuz, & 10trecords.com/artists/genres/progressive-experimental/fromuz/)
17. Howl The Stars Down (3:50) – Nick Magnus (Taken from the album ‘Children Of Another God’; see www.magnus-music.com/home.htm)
Thanks to all the musicians who let their music be played on the show and thanks to all you listeners too. Please leave a comment if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). The next episode should see Daniel & Rebsie standing in for me with their own take on Eppy Gibbon-style music, and the show after that will be the third of the three ‘best of 2010′ shows, featuring a countdown of my favourite 18 albums from last year. BTW, thanks to regular listener Tony Owen there is now an App for the Eppy Gibbon podcast show: to find it just type ‘Epileptic Gibbon App’ into Google… & don’t forget you can contribute to and comment on shows by joining the Eppy Gibbon Facebook group: www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=9610769087