This is the fiftieth edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the blog entry to accompany it. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN. Wow! Fifty shows in now and I’m still having a blast! To celebrate, this 50th edition focuses on the US band Frogg Cafe, specifically on their recently released studio album ‘Bateless Edge’. We have tracks from the album plus an interview with Frank Camiola, the band’s guitarist. Frogg Cafe are an eclectic band and the new album, as you’ll hear, is particularly varied – you’ll hear elements of various types of prog rock, plus jazz, avante garde, jam band and modern classical on this show. We’ll also have tracks from a couple of bands that Frank mentions in the interview. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information.
Total running time: 1 hour and 17 minutes. Downloaded file is 70.2 MB.
Interview with Frank Camiola of Frogg Cafe
2. Bateless Edge Promo (2:57) – Frogg Cafe (Promo sampler of their new album ‘Bateless Edge’; see www.froggcafe.com/ & 10trecords.com/artists/genres/progressive-experimental/frogg-cafe/)
3. Move Over I’m Driving (7:58) – Frogg Cafe (Taken from the album ‘Bateless Edge’; see 10trecords.com/frogg-cafe-release-“bateless-edge”-on-10t-records/)
4. We Are In The Time Of Evil Clocks (4:50) – The Rebel Wheel (Taken from the album ‘We are in the Time of Evil Clocks’; see www.therebelwheel.com/, www.myspace.com/rebelwheel & 10trecords.com/artists/genres/progressive-experimental/the-rebel-wheel/)
5. Midnight (5:07) – Mars Hollow (Taken from their self-titled debut album; see www.marshollow.com/, www.myspace.com/marshollow & 10trecords.com/artists/genres/progressive-experimental/mars-hollow/)
6. Belgian Boogie Board (10:31) – Frogg Cafe (Taken from the album ‘Bateless Edge’; see www.froggcafe.com/)
7. Under Wuhu Son: III. Brace Against The Fall (6:16) – Frogg Cafe (Taken from the album ‘Bateless Edge’; see www.froggcafe.com/)
8. Thanks For The Mammary (3:28) – Asparagus Apocalypse (Free download available from www.macjams.com/artist/Epileptic+Gibbon)
Enjoy! Thanks to Frank for taking the time to contribute his answers for the interview. Send me comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). See you for the next episode when you’ll hear some brilliant new bands, some old favourites, and me.