This is the forty-ninth edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the blog entry to accompany it. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN. After the recent third anniversary episode of the podcast, and another excellent edition presented by Daniel and Rebsie, this time I’m back with one of my ‘normal’ shows. The feature album this time around is ‘Lylac’ by Portuguese electronica act :papercutz and there will be several tracks from that. You’ll also hear music from genres such prog rock, folk, prog metal, post rock, math rock, folktronica, and virtually everything else in between from the US, France, Canada, and the UK. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 1 hour and 57 minutes. Downloaded file is 107.7 MB.
2. On The Edge of Madness (6:34) – Myhybris (Taken from the album ‘The Sweet Melody of Resilience’)
4. Intro (start to play) (1:45) – :papercutz (Taken from the album ‘Lylac’)
5. All we have left (5:20) – :papercutz (Taken from the album ‘Lylac’)
8. Golden Gears (3:22) – A Troop Of Echoes (Taken from the album ‘Days In Automation’; see www.myspace.com/atroopofechoes)
13. Palinopsia (6:34) – Pinklogik remixed by Pouff ft. Chasiti Chambers (Taken from the album ‘Learning to Trust Higher Frequencies (Remixed)’; see www.pinklogik.makessense.co.uk/index.html, www.myspace.com/pouffmusic & www.myspace.com/chasitichambers)
15. Wild Animal (7:11) – Mars Hollow (Taken from their self-titled debut album; see www.marshollow.com/, www.myspace.com/marshollow & 10trecords.com/artists/genres/progressive-experimental/mars-hollow/)
16. Settling Of Bones (5:11) – The Rebel Wheel (Taken from the album ‘We are in the Time of Evil Clocks’; see www.therebelwheel.com/, www.myspace.com/rebelwheel & 10trecords.com/artists/genres/progressive-experimental/the-rebel-wheel/)
19. Meggie Miyagi (Afferatte Remix) (6:16) – Beyond This Point Are Monsters (Taken from the ‘Mega Miyagi’ split EP; see www.myspace.com/btpamusic)
Thanks to all the musicians who let me play their music and thanks to all you listeners too. Send me comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). I’m not exactly sure what the next episode is going to involve but it’ll be the 50th edition of the show so expect something special, plus coming up soon are some interviews, artists and bands that didn’t make the top 19 in the recent poll, a kosmiche music special, and a cello special (seriously!).