This is the forty-seventh edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the blog entry to accompany it. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN. This is a very special show celebrating the third anniversary of this podcast, with the focus on the favourite acts played on the show over the last three years as voted for by you, the listeners. There’s no feature album this time around because we’re focusing solely on counting down the 19 favourite artists, bands and acts according to the number of votes they received. You’ll hear music from genres such prog rock, psych folk, jazz, electronica, chamber pop, folktronica, ambient, electroacoustic gothic, and virtually everything else in between from the US, Canada, and the UK. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours and 22 minutes. Downloaded file is 130 MB.
1. Almond Moon (3:51) – Alchymical Muse (Taken from the forthcoming debut album ‘The First Spark’; see www.alchymicalmuse.com/ & www.myspace.com/alchymicalmuse)
2. Scorpio (7:50) – Karda Estra (Taken from the album ‘Constellations’; see www.kardaestra.co.uk/ & www.myspace.com/kardaestra)
3. Tomorrow (1:58) – Mike Keneally (Taken from the album ‘Scambot 1’; see www.keneally.com/, www.radiokeneally.com/ & www.myspace.com/mikekeneally)
4. Resolution #6 (4:16) – Mystified (I’m not quite sure where this track is currently available from but see the following sites for more details about Mystified’s music: www.macjams.com/artist/Mystified, www.icompositions.com/artists/Mystified)
5. Histories (4:31) – Pia Silvi (Taken from the album ‘Ombra’; see www.piasilvi.com/, www.myspace.com/piasilvi & www.cdbaby.com/Artist/PiaSilvi)
6. Before The Common Era (5:24) – Deluge Grander (Taken from the album ‘The Form of The Good’; see www.delugegrander.com/ & www.myspace.com/delugegrander)
7. Eternal Optimist (6:33) – Frogg Cafe (Taken from the album ‘Fortunate Observer Of Time’ ; see www.froggcafe.com/ & www.cdbaby.com/cd/froggcafe3)
8. Bateless Edge Promo (2:57) – Frogg Cafe (Promo sampler of their new forthcoming album ‘Bateless Edge’; see www.froggcafe.com/ & 10trecords.com/artists/genres/progressive-experimental/frogg-cafe/)
9. Foreign Aeroplanes Upset Sleeping Tirana (3:45) – Big Block 454 (Taken from their album ‘Bratislava’; see www.myspace.com/bigblock454uk & www.cdbaby.com/Artist/BigBlock454)
10. Dewey-eyed, Then Dancing (5:36) – Bill Bruford’s Earthworks (Taken from the album ‘A Part, And Yet Apart’; www.billbruford.com/)
11. Mustard Men (7:12) – The Future Kings of England (Taken from the album ‘The Fate Of Old Mother Orvis’; see www.thefuturekingsofengland.com & www.backwaterrecords.com)
12. It’s Only A Dream (Radio Mix) (4:21) – Fritz Doddy (Taken from the album ‘The Feeling Of Far’ ; see www.fritzdoddy.com, www.myspace.com/fritzdoddy & www.cdbaby.com/Artist/FritzDoddy)
13. Journey (5:53) – Jade Warrior (Taken from the album ‘Now’; see www.jadewarrior.com/ & www.myspace.com/jadewarriormusic)
14. Enouvtement (4:32) – Miriodor (Taken from the album ‘Avanti!’; see www.miriodor.com, www.myspace.com/miriospace & www.cuneiformrecords.com/bandshtml/miriodor.html)
15. Tacenda For You (9:34) – Thieves’ Kitchen (Taken from the album ‘The Water Road’; see www.thieveskitchen.co.uk/, www.myspace.com/thieveskitchen & www.cdbaby.com/Artist/ThievesKitchen)
16. The End Is Beautiful (7:46) – Echolyn (Taken from the album ‘The End Is Beautiful’; see www.echolyn.com/, www.cdbaby.com/Artist/echolyn & www.myspace.com/echolyn)
17. Ointment For Flies (6:25) – Antique Seeking Nuns (Taken from the EP ‘Careful It’s Tepid’; see http://troopersforsound.com/ & www.myspace.com/antiqueseekingnuns)
18. Dance to the Hills (5:01) – Luna Trick (Likely to be on the next Luna Trick album; see www.flowforth.com/ & www.myspace.com/luna.trick)
19. Rainboy (6:16) – Phideaux (Taken from the album ‘The Great Leap’; see www.bloodfish.com, www.myspace.com/phideaux & www.cdbaby.com/Artist/Phideaux)
20. Salisbury Plain (3:40) – Rebsie Fairholm (Currently unavailable but likely to appear on the forthcoming limited edition English folk mini-album ‘Albion Mill’; see www.rebsiefairholm.co.uk/ & www.myspace.com/rebsiefairholm)
21. The Cursing Song (4:33) – Rebsie Fairholm (Taken from the album ‘Seven Star Green’; see www.rebsiefairholm.co.uk/, www.cdbaby.com/Artist/RebsieFairholm & www.sonicspongecake.com/)
Thanks to all the musicians who let me play their music and thanks to all you listeners too, particularly those of you who voted in this poll. Send me comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you’re not happy with the way the poll worked out, well I’ll probably do another one in another three years! I’m not exactly sure what the next episode is going to involve but there’s lots going on at the moment so expect something interesting in the not too distant future – coming up soon are some interviews, guest presenters, artists and bands that didn’t make the top 19 in the poll, a kosmiche music special, and a cello special (seriously!).