This is the forty-sixth edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the blog entry to accompany it. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN. This is another ‘normal’ show so no interviews or ‘themes’ but a chance to catch up and address some new releases as well as a few older tracks too. The feature album this time around might be a bit of a surprise but hopefully you’ll listen without prejudice; it’s ‘Is That A Riot?’, the 2006 album by ‘riot jazz’ act Youngblood Brass Band. In addition, you’ll hear some prog rock, psych folk, jazz, electronica, and virtually everything else in between from around the world, including the US, Italy, Canada, Uzbekistan, Sweden, Germany, Portugal and the UK. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 1 hour and 51 minutes. Downloaded file is 102 MB.
4. March (3:19) – Youngblood Brass Band (Taken from the album ‘Is That a Riot?’; see www.youngbloodbrassband.com & www.myspace.com/youngbloodbrass; this track was provided by Mevio’s Music Alley – see http://music.mevio.com)
5. The Song That Never Was (2:38) – Imogen Heap/Bill Grundmann mix (The original vocal was made freely available for a charity project & musicians were able to download it & produce their own interpretation; this version is available at www.macjams.com/song/50483; see also www.imogenheap.com/ & www.macjams.com/artist/SmokeyVW)
8. Lap of Love (6:32) – Hamadryad (Taken from their new album ‘Intrusion’; see www.hamadryadmusic.com/joom15/ (you can download the track via this site), www.myspace.com/hamadryadmusic & www.unicornrecords.com/)
10. Dead Man Stomping (4:33) – Youngblood Brass Band (Taken from the album ‘Is That a Riot?’; see www.youngbloodbrassband.com & www.myspace.com/youngbloodbrass; this track was provided by Mevio’s Music Alley – see http://music.mevio.com)
11. Influence Of Time (11:51) – From.uz (Taken from the new album ‘Seventh Story’; see www.fromuzband.com/, www.myspace.com/thefromuz, & http://10trecords.com/artists/genres/progressive-experimental/fromuz/)
12. Picture Negative (3:32) – French For Cartridge (Taken from the new album ‘Liquorice’; see www.cartridgetheband.com/, www.myspace.com/frenchforcartridge & see www.groundlift.org/ – and other places – for digital downloads)
13. Tardigrade (3:44) – Simon Says (Taken from the album ‘Tardigrade’; see www.paradisesquare.net/ & www.myspace.com/simonsayssweden; this track was provided by Mevio’s Music Alley – see http://music.mevio.com)
14. Closed Circle (4:36) – Argos (Taken from the new album ‘Circles’; see www.myspace.com/returntowhatever & www.musearecords.com/ext_re_new_releaseselect.php?np=36914)
18. Pala Minima (5:58) – Youngblood Brass Band (Taken from the album ‘Is That a Riot?’; see www.youngbloodbrassband.com & www.myspace.com/youngbloodbrass; this track was provided by Mevio’s Music Alley – see http://music.mevio.com)
Thanks to all the musicians who let me play their music and thanks to all you listeners too. Send me comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). The next episode is a very special show celebrating the third anniversary of this podcast, with the focus on the favourite acts played on the show over the last three years as voted for by listeners. Whether you voted or not, please do listen in as it should be an extremely interesting show.