This is the fortieth edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the blog entry to accompany it. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN. This particular show is the first of three ‘Best of 2009’ specials, with over an hour of some of the best tracks from 2009. There is no feature album this time because I’m focusing on as many albums from 2009 as I can, but there’s the usual diverse selection of styles and genres, including prog rock, pronk rock, electronica, experimental pop, alt rock and general strangeness. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 1 hour and 16 minutes. Downloaded file is 69.4 MB.
1. Isis Unveiled (Radio Edit) (4:30) – …And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead (Taken from the album ‘The Century Of Self’; see www.trailofdead.com/; this track was provided by Mevio’s Music Alley – see http://music.mevio.com)
4. Lessons (4:35) – Elf Project (Taken from the album ‘Mirage’; see 10trecords.com/artists/genres/progressive-experimental/elf-project/ & www.myspace.com/elfproject1)
5. City (3:44) – The Vital Might (Taken from the album ‘Red Planet’; see www.thevitalmight.com/, www.myspace.com/thevitalmight & 10trecords.com/artists/genres/progressive-experimental/the-vital-might/)
8. Lunar Walk (5:05) – Liovaine (Taken from the album ‘Accidents’; see www.myspace.com/liovaine)
9. Paperweights (2:34) – Capillary Action (Taken from the album ‘So Embarrassing’; see www.myspace.com/capillaryaction)
10. Sexy Koala (1:20) – Capillary Action (Taken from the album ‘‘So Embarrassing‘; see weblink above)
14. Escape from DS-3 (5:42) – Jolly (Taken from the album ‘Forty-Six Minutes, Twelve Seconds of Music’; see www.jollyband.com/, www.myspace.com/jollyband, & www.progrockrecords.com/artists/view.php?id=117)
Thanks as always to all the musicians who helped to make 2009 such a great year and to all the listeners who have helped this show go from strength to strength. Send me comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!) and don’t forget to vote for your favourite three acts/artists as played on the show over the past 40 episodes – voting ends in February. See you for the next episode when I’ll present my second show (of three) looking at some of the best music from 2009.