This is the thirty-sixth edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the blog entry to accompany it. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN. This particular show is a somewhat belated Halloween special, with well over an hour of spooky, creepy and supernaturally-themed music, hosted by Count Eppy Gibbon. The feature album this time is very apt as it’s the chilling and atmospheric ‘The Fate Of Old Mother Orvis’ from The Future Kings of England, plus there’s the usual diverse selection of tracks and artists, but be warned that this edition of the show is not for the fainthearted. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 1 hour and 22 minutes. Downloaded file is 75.5 MB.
3. All My Friends Have Become Ghosts (5:21) – Auragami (Taken from the album ‘Esoteric’; see www.myspace.com/auragami though note that Auragami is no longer active on that site so to keep up to date go to his ongoing blog at artdailymuse.blogspot.com/)
5. Cruel, Cruel Moon (2:47) – Paul and Storm (Available from the website www.paulandstorm.com/ & see also www.myspace.com/paulandstorm; this track was provided by Mevio’s Music Alley – see http://music.mevio.com)
6. Monster Surf Manual (4:00) – Alright the Captain (I’m not sure where you can currently find this track but if you’re interested then do contact the band via www.myspace.com/alrightthecaptain)
8. Then Their Heads Exploded (6:04) – Griddle (Taken from the album ‘Klimty Favela’; see www.griddlemusic.com/ & www.myspace.com/griddle; this track was provided by Mevio’s Music Alley – see http://music.mevio.com)
12. From A Coffin (5:58) – Rebsie Fairholm (Taken from the album ‘Seven Star Green’; see www.rebsiefairholm.co.uk/, www.sonicspongecake.com/, www.myspace.com/rebsiefairholm & see also www.macjams.com/artist/slumbering for the original version of the song)
Please, don’t have nightmares! Send me comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!) and don’t forget to vote for your favourite three acts/artists as played on the show over the past 36 episodes. I won’t be here for the next episode, but two very special guests will be sitting in and will be bringing you the same sort of musical styles and quality as always, but there will probably be quite a few new names to the show as well. Please do listen in…