This is the thirty-fifth edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the blog entry to accompany it. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN. It’s a relatively short show this time around as I’m busy with other less interesting things, but there will be more than enough quality even if there’s less quantity. There’s material this time from all over the world, including artists from the UK, Israel, France, and the US, adding up to just over an hour of fascinating and varied music. This month the feature album is ‘A Part, And Yet Apart’, the 1999 acoustic jazz album from Bill Bruford’s Earthworks, plus there’s the usual diverse selection of styles and genres, including prog rock, epic pop, spacey folk rock, electronica, math rock, folktronica and general strangeness. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 1 hour and 32 minutes. Downloaded file is 84 MB.
1. No Truce with the Furies (4:59) – Bill Bruford’s Earthworks (Taken from the album ‘A Part, And Yet Apart’ ; www.billbruford.com/)
3. ZummZumm (5:17) – Django Django (I think this track is available as a legal & free download via www.pinglewood.com/2009/January/321_Django_Django.html; see also www.myspace.com/djangotime)
4. Good Ol’ Burnt Eyes (6:11) – Wild Dogs In Winter (Taken from their self-titled debut EP; see www.myspace.com/wilddogsinwinter)
5. Red Sky Locomotive (4:47) – Jolly (Taken from the album ‘Forty-Six Minutes, Twelve Seconds of Music’; see www.jollyband.com/, www.myspace.com/jollyband, & www.progrockrecords.com/artists/view.php?id=117)
6. Footloose and Fancy Free (6:41) – Bill Bruford’s Earthworks (Taken from the album ‘A Part, And Yet Apart’; www.billbruford.com/)
8. maru 0x01 (1:40) – ic42 (Available as a free download from www.macjams.com/artist/ic42 ; see www.myspace.com/ic42ic42 & www.schwansongs.com/ plus check out schwansongs.blogspot.com/2009/10/21-end-of-experiment.html for more details about ic42)
9. Bad Teeth (3:58) – Alright the Captain (I’m not sure where you can currently find this track but if you’re interested then do contact the band via www.myspace.com/alrightthecaptain)
10. Bridge (short) (4:27) – Avner Kenner (You can hear the full version of this wonderful track via www.myspace.com/avnerkenner)
12. Iron Gum (3:09) – Satine (Taken from the album ‘Satine’ (I think); see www.myspace.com/satinemusic)
14. Dewey-eyed, Then Dancing (5:36) – Bill Bruford’s Earthworks (Taken from the album ‘A Part, And Yet Apart’; www.billbruford.com/)
15. Ha! Moose and Pidida (6:24) – Forofo (Taken from the forthcoming Forofo EP; see www.myspace.com/forofomusic)
Thanks as always to all the musicians who contributed to this show, and to you the listeners. Please do spread the word and send me comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). The next show should be a slightly belated Halloween special with Count Eppy Gibbon, assuming we can dig him out of his coffin in time. In the meantime, don’t forget that you can vote for your three favourite artists as played on the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show for a future poll/anniversary show. Votes can be sent to me via a number routes, including sending me a personal message on MySpace, or via the MySpace or Facebook groups for this music podcast, or by leaving a comment on this blog. See you soon!