This is the twenty-second edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the blog entry to accompany it. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN. This particular show is the second of two ‘Best of 2008′ specials, with well over an hour of some of the best tracks from 2008. There is no feature album this time because I’m focusing on my 13 favourite albums from 2008, but there’s the usual diverse selection of styles and genres, including prog rock, Canterbury, folk rock, electronica, chamber pop, ambient, jazz rock fusion and general strangeness. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist. Total running time: 1 hour and 59 minutes. Downloaded file is 109.2 MB.
1. Love No Mew (1:58) – Arik Hayat (Taken from the album ‘Doing Life’; see http://www.archive.org/details/DoingLife_456 where you can download the entire album for free)
3. Foreign Aeroplanes Upset Sleeping Tirana (3:45) – Big Block 454 (Taken from the album ‘Bratislava (An Investigation By Big Block 454)’; see www.myspace.com/bigblock454uk or cdbaby.com/cd/bigblock454)
4. Non Error Minor (3:55) – Luctone (Taken from the ‘Luctone EP’ ; see www.myspace.com/luctone)
5. The misplay (4:33) – Nosound (Taken from the album ‘Lightdark’ ; see www.nosound.net)
6. Clouds? Or Smoke? (6:31) – Ex Reverie (Taken from the album ‘The Door Into Summer’ ; see www.myspace.com/artist/exreverie)
7. Chakra Kahn (5:57) – Birds And Buildings (Taken from the album ‘Bantam to Behemoth’ ; see www.myspace.com/birdsandbuildings)
9. Love Is Pure (6:55) – Mercury Rev (Taken from the album ‘Strange Attractor’ ; see www.mercuryrev.com)
10. Billy Evil (3:41) – Howl (Taken from the album ‘Party’; see www.myspace.com/badband69)
11. Lost Boys (7:05) – Jade Warrior (Taken from the album ‘Now’ ; see www.jadewarrior.com)
12. London to Shanghai via Chipping Norton (5:01) – Sundae Club (Taken from the album ‘British Summer Time‘; see www.s-club.co.uk/)
Thanks as always to all the musicians who helped to make 2008 such a great year and to all the listeners who have helped this show go from strength to strength. Send me comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). See you for the next episode when we’ll be ‘back to normal’ plus there will be an interview with Karda Estra.