Well, here we are at the eighteenth edition of the Epileptic Gibbon Podcast Music Show. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN. This particular show contains about two hours of music by independent and small label artists from the UK, the US, Australia, Israel and Canada, covering genres such as prog rock, post rock, esoteric pop, ambient, IDM, chill-out, art rock, power pop, psychedelic rock, psych folk and virtually everything in between. This month’s feature CD is ‘Virtually Handsewn’ by Pia Silvi and there are three tracks from that, plus we also have new music from Mercury Rev and a competition where you can win a copy of Rebsie Fairholm’s ‘Mind The Gap’ album. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours and 32 minutes. Downloaded file is 139.1 MB.
1. Got A Nerve (3:31) – Greg Jong (Taken from the EP ‘Ever Present Annoyance’; see www.myspace.com/gregjongmusic)
2. Run(t) (3:08) – Auragami (Taken from his self-titled EP; see www.myspace.com/auragami)
3. Tunguska (6:33) – Birds And Buildings (Taken from the album ‘Bantam to Behemoth’ ; see www.myspace.com/birdsandbuildings)
5. A skunk stole the moon (3:18) – Jarvi (Can be heard on their MySpace page; see www.myspace.com/jarviband)
9. This Quiet Earth (4:02) – Stig (Taken from the album ‘Biodiversity’ ; see www.stigmusic.com/biodiversity.htm)
12. Violations (3:45) – The Oscillation (Taken from the album ‘Out of Phase’ ; see www.myspace.com/theoscillations)
14. Just Another Groove On A Forty-Five (6:23) – Antiqcool (Taken from the album ‘Songs of Hope and Despair’ ; see www.antiqcool.co.uk)
Don’t forget to check out poligraf.wordpress.com/the-plan for more details about funding the debut Poligraf album.
15. Rural War Room (TSF Supersonic Remix) (3:01) – Rural War Room (Taken from their self-titled EP; see www.myspace.com/ruralwarroomrecords)
16. Do’u (2:38) – Retro Electro (Can be heard on his MySpace page; see www.myspace.com/shalvas)
17. 30% (2:24) – Project Serendipity (Taken from the album ‘Linear Lullabies’ ; see www.myspace.com/projectserendipity or buy the album via www.roughtrade.com/site/shop_detail.lasso?search_type=sku&sku=299247 though at the time of writing it appears to be unavailable or out of stock)
22. Bradford’s Big Boatride [Beyond (The Dawn)] (4:21) – Make A Rising (Taken from the album ‘Infinite Ellipse And Head With Open Fontanel’; see www.tonewplanet.com/MAR.html or www.myspace.com/makearising)
26. In My Heart, A Strange Attractor (5:27) – Mercury Rev (Taken from the album ‘Strange Attractor’ ; see www.mercuryrev.com)
Don’t forget to take part in the competition to win a copy of ‘Mind The Gap’.
Big thanks to all the artists and listeners who make this show possible. And do drop me a comment and let me know what you think! Feedback is always welcome. And do pop back at the end of October for a spooky Halloween special.