Well, here we are at the sixteenth edition of the Epileptic Gibbon Podcast Music Show (don’t be confused by that last mini episode!). CLICK HERE TO LISTEN. This particular show contains well over an hour of music by independent and small label artists from the UK, the US, Belgium, New Zealand, Israel, Germany, Canada, Italy and Finland, covering genres such as prog rock, IDM, chill-out, math rock, psychedelic folk rock and virtually everything in between. This month’s feature CD is ‘The Bursers EP’ by The Bursers and there are three tracks from that. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours and 8 minutes. Downloaded file is 117.57 MB.
1. Do You Know Me? (5:56) – Laudanum (Taken from the forthcoming second Laudanum album; see www.myspace.com/laudanumspace)
2. Khao (5:03) – Ben Heckler aka When Days Align (Can be heard on his MySpace page; see www.myspace.com/bozart101)
4. I See Dead People (3:59) – Peter Kearns (Taken from the album ‘No Such Thing As Time’; see www.myspace.com/peterkearns)
6. M (4:10) – Luctone (Taken from the ‘Luctone EP’ ; see www.myspace.com/luctone)
7. In The Taste Of The Day (5:12) – Poligraf (Taken from the forthcoming Poligraf debut album; see www.myspace.com/poligraf)
11. On The Spot Tina Turner Fine (3:02) – You Slut! (Taken from the album ‘Critical Meat’ ; www.myspace.com/youslut1)
12. Kites (8:31) – Nosound (Taken from the album ‘Lightdark’ ; see www.nosound.net)
14. Vesikävelijät valtaavat altaat (7:36) – Manogurgeil (Taken from the album ‘Unirytmejä’ ; see http://manogurgeil.net)
15. The Crowning (4:32) – Ex Reverie (Taken from the album ‘The Door Into Summer’ ; see www.myspace.com/artist/exreverie)
16. iii (5:27) – The Cancer Conspiracy (Taken from the album ‘Ω‘ ; see www.myspace.com/thecancerconspiracy)
18. White Meat (5:21) – Retic (Taken from the album ‘Saturn Day Trajectory’ ; see http://cdbaby.com/cd/retictunes)
19. Oh Mary (4:04) – Antiqcool (Taken from the album ‘Digging For Gold’ ; see www.antiqcool.co.uk)
Big thanks to all the artists and listeners who make this show possible. And do drop me a comment and let me know what you think! Feedback is always welcome. I’ll be back in September with a particular focus on the Summer’s End Festival and an interview with one of the festival’s organisers. See you then.