This is the tenth edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the blog entry to accompany it. CLICK HERE TO LISTEN. This particular show we’re back to normal after the Halloween, Christmas and ‘Best of 2007’ specials, with well over an hour of great music including genres such as prog rock, art rock, post rock, folktronica and chamber pop. This month’s feature album is the 2006 self-titled debut album by the band Headshear, plus there’s a whole host of new bands to the show, as well as a few old friends too. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
1. Lucky Number Cruncher (3:40) – Project Adorno (Taken from the album ‘Cheap Sweets And Sequencers’; see www.projectadorno.net)
3. This Is Life (5:51) – Tim Burness (Taken from the album ‘Vision On’; see www.timburness.com)
4. Delta (8:18) – Crooked Mouth (Taken from the album ‘Hold In The Sun’; see www.crookedmouth.co.uk)
5. Alley (4:47) – Feed The Ghost (Will appear on the band’s forthcoming debut album; see www.myspace.com/feedtheghost)
6. It’s All We Are (4:24) – The Puppets (Available as a free download from their MySpace page; see www.myspace.com/webethepuppets)
9. Paper Cranes (Bipolar Mix) (5:07) – The Orbiting (Available as a free download via www.macjams.com/artist/The+Orbiting)
13. Trompe l’oeil (3:34) – Feed The Ghost (Will appear on the band’s forthcoming debut album; see www.myspace.com/feedtheghost)
16. Blueprints (8:46) – Brenda (Taken from the album ‘The Coldest Geometry’; see www.myspace.com/brendaband)
17. Thanks For The Mammary (3:28) – Asparagus Apocalypse (Available as a free download via www.macjams.com/artist/Epileptic+Gibbon)
As always, I want to say a big thank you to all the artists and all the listeners who make this show work. I literally could not do this show without you!
Please send me comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). In a few months the show will be one year old and I’m going to do a special anniversary edition. If you have any requests to hear a particular track or band again then do let me know. See you for the next episode!